Sign in to follow this  
Sardaukar17

Trigger Side / Present / Repeatedly / Ellipse

I am embarrassed to ask this because I really thought I was beyond this level of question.. but I do not understand this behavior and I sincerely hope it isn't something simple that I overlooked.

Here it is:

I am making what I thought was a simple Jet vs Jet MP map. 2 LHDs (carriers) that players spawn on and create the jet of their choice and hop in and take off. Simple enough

I thought it important that there be a kill zone around each carrier so that players aren't destroyed while trying to take off. I placed a Trigger on both carriers with a Range of 1500 The settings are as follows:

Ellipse, Repeatedly, Bluefor Present (and OPfor Present on the other)

On activation is sends a brief text and executes a kill script. It should all work right?

What happens is that the Triggers BOTH fire at mission start when the opposite team is no where near the trigger zones. I have checked and rechecked the trigger and even tried switching sides and present/Notpresent options. I checked the placement of the units to make sure no players units where in the wrong place.. I don't understand it.

Please understand I can do this through a looping script but damn it I want to understand why I can't do it with a trigger

can't say without seeing really, have you tried moving the triggers and just testing them with one placed unit and seeing if they are working correctly away from the ship.

Also you could try setting up for one side first then scanning through the mission.sqm to make sure there is nothing from the other side in there.

Edited by F2k Sel

I tried moving them off the LHDs and reducing the size to 150 to test and I have the same result. I also noticed that after they both fire at the start of the map they will not fire again which would imply to me they think that the conditions are constant and waiting for them to change in order to reset. It doesn't make sense though because I have moved the triggers out to the middle of nowhere (and made sure they weren't overlapping) and they still fire with nothing around or in them. I am baffled

Screen shot of the triggers? Do you have any other scripts / triggers running in your mission? Test to see if you can make it work without the LHD.