Sign in to follow this  
mstrchef117

1.05 Patch won't install

Alright, the problem for me is that why I dbl click on the self extractor for the 1.05 patch, it runs but when it reaches 100%, I get an "attempt to access invalid address" error (for 7zip).

When I extract it manually and use the patch installer I get a blue screen.

Can I just get my friend's game files (he has 1.05)? Would that work?

Btw, I did not pirate game. He has the install files on his external HD (not ISOs) and I used those.

Uh... If I understand this part correctly:

Btw, I did not pirate game. He has the install files on his external HD (not ISOs) and I used those.

Then you are in fact pirating the game if you're using his copy. It's one serial key per person, like most games today. If you were to get this to work, and try to play online, FADE would activate.

But if I buy it and I face this problem, wouldn't I just waste 50 bucks as I wouldn't be able to patch the game. I mean, unless if I buy the legit thing and still be modify the install with his game files (jury-rig patching) and have it working.

But if I buy it and I face this problem, wouldn't I just waste 50 bucks as I wouldn't be able to patch the game. I mean, unless if I buy the legit thing and still be modify the install with his game files (jury-rig patching) and have it working.

So I take it you don't have the original - otherwise you would not say "Buf if I buy it" and "unless if I buy the legit thing"

Account suspended until you send a proof of purchase.

And no it wouldn't be a waste of 50 bucks because you can patch the original game with no problems.

Edited by W0lle