Sign in to follow this  
PogMoThoin

Lets fix the throttle in the choppers

The throttle controls on the choppers are terrible and start at 50%, giving only half the use of the throttle, now before You all jump down my neck, I understand why it does this, I just find it annoying that its not been addressed. I've an x-52, like lots of others on here and there have been several x-52 threads asking for this but I've never found a proper fix. I would like for anyone with any ideas to share them here so we can fix it or mod in some way.

There are probably several ways this could be done, with seperately mapped profiles on other software for heli's and planes and use a toggle, or maybe there's some way to actually mod or script it into the game to fix it.

Anyone any ideas? Anyone have any success?

Pog

Edited by PogMoThoin

If you configure the numbers in the arma2.cfg you can make the current helo and plane analogue joystick rage quite bearable with a good behavior that leaves nothing to desire.

Dont forget that the negative values of the throttle is your brake in airplanes and let you pop down faster in helos as soon as this Tunguska starts to shoot at you hovering over that ridge.

go and experiment.

If you configure the numbers in the arma2.cfg you can make the current helo and plane analogue joystick rage quite bearable with a good behavior that leaves nothing to desire.

Maybe You could post Your config

Dont forget that the negative values of the throttle is your brake in airplanes and let you pop down faster in helos as soon as this Tunguska starts to shoot at you hovering over that ridge.

go and experiment.

No, as it is 1-49% throttle does nothing in a chopper

There is a feature request at BIS to implement joysticks full axis support. Please vote for it.

It's possible to workaround it and fly with full throttle using ppjoy+autohotkey. Read this post.

Thanks for that, but how exactly do You use it? I've no scripting knowlege

I voted for the request, its about time something was done about it.

PPJoy is a virtual joystick. ArmA2 will see it as any other kind of device. I've some old instructions for arma1 here.

The script there is still in GlovePIE, I'm converting it to autohotkey (see previous post).

There is a 64bit version of PPJoy but it seems you need to run your windows in "test" mode because driver signing costs $500 per year. I run XP 32bit, so don't have this problem.

Once PPJoy is installed, assign as many axis and button you want. Then, with GlovePIE or Autohotkey+PPJoy Dll, you can write scripts to read from your real devices, do some math, and put the new values in PPJoy axis, which ArmA2 in turn will read and use like they were come from a real joystick.

Thats completely above my head :confused:

I understand what You're trying to do but I'm not script literate annd have no knowlege of coding :help:

Edited by PogMoThoin