Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Crashing

I just installed a new motherboard, CPU, and RAM. When I load up Chernarus I get an instant crash, but I can play on Utes just fine. Memory and CPU usage is good. Any ideas?

I occasionally get blue screens as well, forcing me to reboot.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

You should post your specs, version of Arma 2, and ingame video settings so that we can help.

Yeah sorry, it escaped me.

Settings: Everything maxed, normal anti aliasing, with just over 4000 view distance.

Game Version: Beta 70313

Manufacturer: Myself

Processor: AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

Memory: 4096MB DDR3 1600 RAM

Hard Drive: 1.5TB 32MB Cache

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Black Edition

Sound Card: Realtek Onboard

Speakers/Headphones: TRITTONâ„¢ AX Pro - 5.1 Gaming Headset

Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)

Motherboard: MSI 870A-G54

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Are you sure all the parts of your PC are correctly installed, the plugins are fully plugged-in, etc.? Do you have the latest drivers installed for all of your pieces of hardware? Is your Windows 7 fully up to date?

I reset my BIOS to optimized defaults and it seems to be okay now, but I've only played for a short while in the editor. I just built this computer today, and as soon as I booted up I went into BIOS and started customizing things. I'm thinking maybe it had a cow with the 3.8GHz since the stock speed is 3.2. I do not however remember setting any CPU options up... I'll keep you posted.

Yup I am running it flawlessly at a clock of 3.4GHz now. Thanks for the help guys. See ya on the battlefield!

EDIT: That was supposed to be an edit rather than new post, sorry for the double. :(