Sign in to follow this  
*LK1*

tank FCS poll

do you want to see a real FCS for tanks?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. do you want to see a real FCS for tanks?

• yes,and remove the current radar on tanks.
    • yes,and replace the radar function with a digital map function as it is explained in thread.
    • yes,but dont change the radar,leave him as it is.
    • no,i dont want that FCS and the digital map as explained in thread.leave the game as it is.

10 chars of this.

According to your latest description, you're explaining the regular map, which has been available since OFP.

Maybe you should try playing ofp/a1/a2/bis game?

You obviously didn't get the point.

What is eventually being asked for is an altered version of the map.

(let me quote the OP)

with the battle plan on it.we could have a key in the game to switch from the normal vision to digital map vision on full screen.i prefer a more simple solution instead of this 1.

He suggests being able to switch between the normal vision and digital map (gps and the map would provide somewhat that result), and the fact that he prefers a "more simple solution" he should make use of what he's already got.

Edited by Bryan

He suggests being able to switch between the normal vision and digital map (gps and the map would provide somewhat that result), and the fact that he prefers a "more simple solution" he should make use of what he's already got.

for more simple solution i mean a rectangular digital map instead of the radar.

and anyway,i'm not talking to you now..,we never had this solution on opf/a12/a2 ecc. in some maps(guess is a script..),with an easy difficulty mode,

you can see the enemy markers by pressing M.of course this is not the way to implement a digital map.

from page 1 :

radar chapter:

tanks have not a radar.in arma 2 and OA(considering what i have see in the videos of OA)yes.a part the realism aspect i would to make in evidence how this thing has a bad affect on gameplay.

basically the radar on A2 works in this way.it has an operative range and if a vehicle is inside on it you start to see a quadrate white/yellow or red depends on situation.if you press the tab key well you are now able to see the target on your monitor with a marker on it.there is only 1 factor you must satisfy to see the target on your monitor and on the radar. there must be nothing between you and the enemy vehicle:no buildings ecc...

the bad effect on the game play is:in this way,and if you have played on berzerk/aas maps you know it,the tank camper has an advantage on other vehicles cuz flanking an enemy which can easy spot you by pressing TAB key is not usefull at all.

well sure there are some trick you can use to kill the camper but he has an advantage which is indipedent on his skill.

without a radar the tank tactics and the way to use it would be more dymanics and realistics..since camping with a tank well is not basically the best tactic you can use if you are without a radar.

that why i have a simple idea and i have putted the second option on the poll:tanks and even other vehicles have not a radar but a digital map.on this digital map you can see enemies spotted from other friendly soldiers/tanks.

could be a good idea to change the function of the radar to make it a digital map.that means instead to see every vehicles approached your operative radar range you can see enemy vehicles/soldiers detected by friendly units.when the enemy is dead you can make an automatic script or whatever so the quadrate disappear or you can put a key to delete enemy markers.but to be clear i would not to see the enemy quadrate markers changing position automatically cuz the enemy is moving...when you or another vehicle is spotting an enemy with the reveal target key then you have the enemy position on your rectangular digital map(aka the old radar with a different function). general idea sound good to me.

so if the radar,and we all know is not realistic,is to difficult to remove,but is strange cuz i can remember NWD for arma or the fcs for ace2..,it could be a good idea to replace the original function with a sort of digital map function.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

well another good solution.it would be perfect if we can see(only for tanks/apc..)on the digital map the enemies spotted(all the tanks/apc on the same team should get these info).of course until we don't update the enemy position we shouldn't being able to see the enemy markers moving back or forward left or right,or it would be like a bf2 mini-map and we don't want it.

well i guess this solution instead of the other one proposed on this thread can be even implemented by some addons maker.but if BIS brings this new feature in OA/A2 vanilla of course would be better.

You simply have your commander mark the enemy vehicles on the map with some fancy markers and you have your digital map.

mm oh approximately,but yeah. i never asked or claimed that we need a complete revolution.the rectangular digital map is another thing.this sort of digital map by using the a2 map with some new features avaible just for tank is pretty much a good solution.we need just a map and the ability to spot(reveal target key)enemies who will become visible for all other allied tanks.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***