Sign in to follow this  
legion7698

RAVCRU's Breachable door

Hey All,

After making a few addon upon which I neeeded a rather large amount of help from the community I decided that the first half decent one I made would be released to the general public. Its not much and probably almost anyone can do better but here it is.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XO9PTBIF

The readme contains the list of known bugs. Also I have given permission for anybody to edit it as they wish without asking for my permission before hand. Perhaps someone can get it to a decent standard and looking a bit more respectable.

I would also appreciate any feedback as I'm pretty new to this and would like to know what people think.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

Hey BroneEagle,

It works by placing the door in the editor, then equiping yourself with a breaching charge, class name "RC_Breach". Go upto it, select "Breach Door" from the action menu and move away sharpish. As stated in the readme, the explosion is a bit off, dos'nt happen always right at the door, especially if you place it a bit higher than the ground, might try to fix that at some point depending on if anyone is really interested in it.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

Hey Bennie1983nl,

Could try to make a house, I made an attempt a while ago but think I had problems with the fire geo. Had a bit more practice since then so will try to make some sort of CQB designed house at some point. Might even intergrate the doors into it with the option to blow it or open it. I just need to find the time and the enthusiasm for it. Also need to see if I can fix the created explosion issue with this breaching door first.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

Are any news in progress of Your breachable house? Your addon is very useful especially for battles in big cities. If You need help just send me Pm. On my free time I may look at it.(Now I'm working on Karbala mod, but probably I will try to find a few free moments)

Cheers

Edited by Bielow

Hey Bielow,

I've been busy with RL stuff (mainly making bloody chainmail) so have had hardly anytime to start on something yet. I've made the basic Shape of the building and am going to start adding the finer details later on as and when I get the time. Its alos good to know that someone is using my addon even if its very buggy and simplistic in make.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

Hey USMCSonic,

I'm not sure why its crashing as others seem to be using it fine. I remember that one of my other addons made someones computer crash. I dont really know much as to what causes these things but just in case it makes a difference I run resistance upgraded to whatever the highest patch is.

Regards,

LEGION7698.