Sign in to follow this  
arepa

still no control of airplanes

ok, so i can move the a-10 left/right, but not down/up... when i move the mouse from side to side i get the rudder thing going, but moving the mouse up and down just shifts my view up and down

and let me just say that this is the most retarded way ive ever seen to control an airplane... i mean, what the ####, is this game Afterburner?? i thought this was trying to be a simulator... dont get me wrong, i love OFP, but if i have to control an airplane using "fast/slow" and i have to keep pressing the fast or slow button to move forward, instead of having some sort of throttle, then i simply rather not have the stupid a-10 in the game

bottom line: im stuck in the airplane mission in the campaign because i cant take off. this is ridiculous. if anybody can tell me how to pitch up the plane id appreciate it so i can get past the stupid plane missions.

I use a joystick for flight but if I recall correctly, Q is throttle up and Z is throttle down. Make sure you dont have mouse-look turned on (Numeric keypad *). The controls respond a little diferent if you do. Be sure to give it Flaps under your action menu and that will help you take off. Good luck! Hope it helps!

arepa you are 100% correct.... OFP has the most unrealstic flight models for all aircraft and helicopters i have ever seen. It's best simulation is done on the ground.

The only effective way to fly them in OFP is to use a Joystick for flight control and the speedup/slowdown keys at the same time.

While I will admit that it may not have the best flight model, I didn't have too hard a time flying with the mouse. However, I suggest you go get a joystick (or better yet, joystick & trottle). The flight model is much improved with one...

Joystick with throttle does make flying consderably more pleasurable.

ofp doesnt seem to like my stick. i was similar problems with controling aircraft mainly planes. once i disabled

the stick in the options i regained a very deadly control over all aircraft by using my mouse. my stick is older tho and that could be the problem , it just may be that its signals are attenuating or the pots are dusty. but it works very nice. as to the keys that control the aircraft i use page up and down for the throttle to get airborne or the w and e keys once im up. i didnt expect much from the flight portion of ofp as it is a combat sim not a flight sim. still works well enough as far as i am concerned.