Sign in to follow this  

i read the biki and noted the comments that deletegroup does not work to remove a group from the map.

i tested this too and it did not remove the group alive or if all dead.

is there another command to make the group disappear from the battlefield?

{deletevehicle _x} foreach units myGroupName

i read the biki and noted the comments that deletegroup does not work to remove a group from the map.

To make this clear: deleteGroup works, unless there are still members in this group; And it doesn't matter if a group member is alive or dead, the unit still exists and is considered part of the group. Hence you have to proceed as shk mentioned first - delete all units of a group (that makes them disappear from the map), THEN use deleteGroup. And be advised, deleting all units does not delete the group entity automatically, use deleteGroup afterwards, too.

{deletevehicle _x} foreach units myGroupName;
sleep 5; // give it some time
deleteGroup myGroupName;

Each side can only consist of a maximun of 144 group entities, so on large scale missions this "deletegroup" I claim mandatory.

ok, I have a small problem...

what about Vehicles?

I added vehicle to a group with addVehicle command, but I cannot find any command to retrieve vehicle when I want to delete it from group. I searched whole community.bistudio.com. Does assignedVehicle works? Because they are not assigned, but moved with moveIn command. So basically I cannot use leaveVehicle later since I don't know the vehicles name/id....

Does vehicle in the group also prevents from deleting group?

Thanx for help

{deleteVehicle _x} foreach units crew veh; deleteVehicle veh;

crew... :( of course... thanx, dunno how I missed that.

now I will solve my problem by checking if the vehicle has no crew or it is destroyed and then delete it. thanx man