Sign in to follow this  
Greyhawk

I want to try to make my own addons

Hi everyone.

I looked my way around this site to see to my answers on my various questions on moddeling, in the first place i want to make my own island, i had in mind to use this: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/ofp/wrp.php i need to read the manual first doh, if some ppl do have more advice on that part it would be welcome :D "the thing is" sometimes, actually often i just cant place the words in an understanding in my own language

like i'm reading i have the understanding that i can use this to for addon making http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=6817

the first phase of my tour of learning on ofp addon making is to understand modeling on ofp so i have like a big question mark above my head :confused:

I read a lot and i did in the past reskins on combat flight sim plains with paint net but this is like i see far more difficult then that.

What i'm looking for is now is an understanding were to start what tools i have to use for an island, also how do i gonna do infantry tanks cars and air crafts like i can read it all has to do with oxygen, and i guess i need to learn how to make it work in ofp it selves, i guess learning learning retexturing and modeling is one thing but making it to work is a noter thing.

If you or anyone pas this Thread can give me a boost in the right direction because i google the questions but i guess i don't put my questions in the right context.

And looking to this forum there is so much to read that its hard to find all my answers on the right spot at once.

So every help is welcome i'm willing to learn :yay:

Operation Flashpoint is not dead yet :p i'm just starting to enjoy it

Give a look to this serie of well done tutorial :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm

( refer to here to how to install O2 )

That started nearly every modder into O2. Then progressively while following the tutorial for O2 and with some "trial and error" tests in the program you will learn some of the most important parts.

Give a look to this serie of well done tutorial :

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/brsseb/tutorials.htm

( refer to here to how to install O2 )

That started nearly every modder into O2. Then progressively while following the tutorial for O2 and with some "trial and error" tests in the program you will learn some of the most important parts.

Thanks i will see to that.

A noter Question, and maybe a very tricky one because i don't want to step on anyone's toos.

A little Back ground where this is coming from: I play on a lot on the furr 2007 slx 2.05 version and 2008 slx version, i also installed the retaliation campaign this stuff gave me an id to make my/our community's own campaign on this very nice mods, i already worked out a story to go by and all. I actually want it to be a community campaign were everyone can be proud of a community's that has a persistence mind and a consistency towards this game, in that sentence i want to use the nice addons from community addon makers also my own of course, Like the island that i have in mind.

The thing is i don't like messes not at home and not even in a game like ofp and its edditor, so i want to make a little update on the furr mods with those adds that i have selected to use for the campaign, ill will never be able to make all those addons i need by my self in the first place, i would not change anything to the addon structure only for example the class names and the pbo file name with the credits towards the addon makers that made them.

For example

FOX_Zodiac.pbo: addon makers version

"class = Fox - vehicules then zodiac"

I would make it in the update like

ffur_FoxZodiac.pbo: My project update version would be

"Class = Armored then Zodiac"

in that way you would find it like very easy were you need to find it in the edditor - on west side you will find under Armored the zodiac.

For one addon it is not a problem but if you have like 20 addons it would be a mess with all those class names all around :eek:

Now i know that i need to contact them if i want to retexture and clame it my own but i dont want to clame or change anything eksept the class names and the pbo file for the addons.

If i have to contact them i will, and i hope they would not mind to work with me but what if i cant contact them at all it the first place?

Like i said i don't want to step on anyones toos :cool:

btw is there an nother link

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/breathe/

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /breathe/ on this server.

Apache/1.3.27 Server at www.flashpoint1985.com Port 80

this one is broken i guess

Edited by Greyhawk

First read the readme files that comes with addons.

If it states that one is free to modify the addon, you have no need to contact the author, just give proper credits.

If there is no such thing, see if there is a contact email and send an email.

If the guy is on the BIS board, send a PM.

Releasing something without having asked permission will be removed from the board when the original author will point that he never gave permission.

Now, considering many addons authors have just disappeared , are unreachable anymore and so will never answer email or PM, send them the request anyways and wait for a month.

If in a month you recieve no answer, you should be able to make your modifications but always give the proper credits, never claiming other people work as being yours and it should be ok.

Now if you receive for some reason a "no" from an addon original developer, you can't make any modifications, no discussions.

The breath website is broken since BIS modified some of their url, refer to the install O2 link i gave to be able to download the needed files.

Yep, you can even ask Placebo (our moderator in chief) to contact old "disappeared" modders as he may have access to their personal info such as email adress.

Another person (apart from Sanctuary who is always of great help) you may contact is Rellikki, moderator, addon maker and supporter of OFP addon making.

Good luck and have fun.

Yep, you can even ask Placebo (our moderator in chief) to contact old "disappeared" modders as he may have access to their personal info such as email adress.

Another person (apart from Sanctuary who is always of great help) you may contact is Rellikki, moderator, addon maker and supporter of OFP addon making.

Good luck and have fun.

Thanks i try my best i have a long way to go doh :o

btw i think i found O2 light and the viewer here on this site because the link

above gives me an error is this it?

http://www.opflashpoint.org/downloads.php