Sign in to follow this  
columdrum

Use vainilla Arma2 sounds // Crate contents

Hi i'm new on scripting( not in programing by the way :p), and i have some problems:

1- when i try to use the sounds included in the vanilla arma2 they didn't play. Its not a scripting error nor a sound error. Thats what i have:

class MsoundDog {name = "MsoundDog"; titles[] = {}; sound[] = {"\ca\Sounds\animals\dog_bark01", 1, 1}; };

Also tryed:

class MsoundDog {name = "MsoundDog"; titles[] = {}; sound[] = {"ca\Sounds\animals\dog_bark01", 1, 1}; };

And

class MsoundDog {name = "MsoundDog"; titles[] = {}; sound[] = {"\ca\Sounds\animals\dog_bark01.wss", 1, 1}; };

If i copy the dog_bark01.wss to my mision folder and changing the path it works. So the error should be in the path, or maybe its not posible to use then. Someone knows what is wrong? I don't want to add extra unneeded sounds on my mission if they are already included in arma2 :(. I also know that i can make that dog sound with a trigger, but i want to play it whit any scripting program without making "strange" unnecesary things

2- There is any way to get(in a array for example) the contents of a box or any container? because i didn't se any script function for that. I read some kind of new API on ACE for this, but i didn't find the documentation.

Thanks!

i know this thread is pretty old, but could someone pls say how to use the original arma sounds without adding them to mission folder?

i tried the same as columdrum but the sounds dont play neither i get a error message.

maybe you got it working columdrum?

ArmA 1 sounds without adding them in? Impossible, unless somebody has found a magical way to do it.

? ok i sead just "arma", but the thread says "arma 2".

i want to play the arma 2 sounds.

with the conversation system i can use "\ca\dubbingradio_e\RADIO\Female01EN\DEFAULT\SOM\SupportOnWayStandBy.ogg" for example, but doing this with sounds dosnt work.