Sign in to follow this  
novafluxx

"Error found in ADDONS\air.pbo" Patch Installation Problem

I just decided its time to give ARMA 2 another shot, since 1.05 is out now. I installed the game, downloaded 1.05 and when I attempted to install the 1.05 patch, I'm getting this message:

Error found in ADDONS\air.pbo

I thought, ok, let me re-download the patch, possible corrupted - no go

Next, I decided to update to 1.03 first - no go, same exact error

I have ArmA 2 from Direct2Drive. Its the same download as I used previously, from the same folder I originally extracted it to.

Please help. I don't know what else to try.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

arma2error.jpg

So...the community is at a loss here? Should I just start writing bad reviews of the game all over gaming websites or something?

Why would you write bad reviews of the game because your install is messed up? I understand its frustrating but I never had this problem and neither did most people i know (i asked most of them). Ive seen this happen before in ArmA1 and also some posts about it for ARMA2. Maybe it gets broken during download?

I will investigate a bit during the day so take it easy with those horrible reviews for a while will ya.

I've been having the same issue, with the air.pbo file when installing the 1.05 patch. I also downloaded my copy from Direct2Drive. I've tried installing on Windows 7 64bit, and also Windows XP 64bit. I bought Windows XP 64bit just for this game, to see if that could fix it. It's quite sad actually. I haven't had a date in years.

Anyway, let me know if anyone has found a remedy for this issue. Even with this problem, Arma II is still the best game I've ever played. Modern Warfare 2 made me vomit after playing Arma II. Have you ever played a game so horrifyingly boring you projectile vomited? If you want to try it, just play Modern Warfare 2.

I've forgotten what the subject is. Oh, yeah. I can't install the patch and play online anymore. If this isn't fixed soon, then I will most likely have to hang myself.

So...the community is at a loss here? Should I just start writing bad reviews of the game all over gaming websites or something?

Brrrr... i'm frightened

Why would you write bad reviews of the game because your install is messed up? I understand its frustrating but I never had this problem and neither did most people i know (i asked most of them). Ive seen this happen before in ArmA1 and also some posts about it for ARMA2. Maybe it gets broken during download?

I will investigate a bit during the day so take it easy with those horrible reviews for a while will ya.

You must be kidding ? A lot of people have trouble with the 1.05 patching process, with a bunch of errors of this kind. The patch is making random errors of this kind, sometimes everything goes well and sometimes not, for no obvious reasons.

Your installation is probably messed up from your previous patching attempts.

Re-install the game, make a backup of it and try to apply the 1.05 patch.

You must be kidding ?

Why would i joke about that? I havent seen this as much as you seem to say it is. Ive seen it, but not a major problem.

However i linked to a post wich seemed solved it for someone there. I guess its a matter of re-download and patch again. Something in the download might be messed up.

Why would i joke about that? I havent seen this as much as you seem to say it is. Ive seen it, but not a major problem.

However i linked to a post wich seemed solved it for someone there. I guess its a matter of re-download and patch again. Something in the download might be messed up.

Well, i meant that saying you don't know people having had this problem before sounds funny to me, as it happens with people having downloaded the game or having a DVD version, like me. This patch is somehow not working on a random basis, detecting sometimes that you've got a DVD version, sometimes that you've got a steam version etc. The patching process isn't working well, and it's getting worse with the upper version of patches. Uninstalling and reinstalling the game is a boring process, even if i agree it isn't a big deal.

:D So thats what it takes to get a response from you people! :)

I actually clicked ignore about 50 times or so, and the patch went through, and when I launch the game it says 1.05...not sure I trust that approach though.

:D So thats what it takes to get a response from you people! :)

I actually clicked ignore about 50 times or so, and the patch went through, and when I launch the game it says 1.05...not sure I trust that approach though.

Well, that means the patch hasn't been applied correctly. It says "1.05", but you'll be unable to join a MP server.

:D So thatsI actually clicked ignore about 50 times or so, and the patch went through, and when I launch the game it says 1.05...not sure I trust that approach though.

Thats in fact the right spirit of a game reviewer!!!!!!! :yay: