Sign in to follow this  
LaughingJack

AAS map, having troubles....

hey all.

would appreciate some help.

ive used the arma2 MPeditor in conjunction with the PvPscriptpack(PvPsp).

i first used the arma2 MPeditor(not using the wizard) to place all the objects i wanted, where i wanted.

i then used the PvPsp to set up the AAS features and place the appropriate (i thought) markers, using the 'AAS wizard in the PvPsp' as a guide, using objectives as bases(zones), named and coloured 'default'(grey).

when i tested(LAN) it, i had all the objects and markers(in grey) appearing but no zone flags or ability to take the bases. when i entered a named zone, the game told me so, therefore i must have that bit right.

i then opened up tom_angers blackrockbeach map as a guide. his map had not only team based colouring, but also icons denoting/relevant-to all the bases. i had neither.

i then decided the change the colour if the bases on my map to reflect the the teams and lo'n'behold i suddenly had icons showing up in-game. this is not explained anywere i could find, and i did not realise that simply changing the colour of a marker will also change its attributes?!

at this point i still have no physical flagpoles to touch to let me take the bases in-game. ive recheked tom's map and in both the arma2 MPeditor and the PvPsp utility and i can find no trace of differences to my map as far as these markers are concerned, barring delving into the script files that acompany it to find out whats giong on. initially i thought the PvPsp was supposed to handle all this and make it easy/simple to quickly create maps, now i think probably not.

i have got the list of bases and who owns what in the HUD, but still have no minimap or the bit up top that shows the current base of contention and weight of numbers therein. i also have yet to work out how he got the PsP's(progresive spwan points) to work.

anyhow ill post the map here for anyone look at,

cheers

.LJ

>>> just realised im not allowed to post attachments in here. anyone know where i can post it? ill look for a work in progress thread....is there one?

Edited by LaughingJack

what do i have to do to attach files? at the bottom of the page it says i am not allowed to post attachments?

what do i have to do to attach files? at the bottom of the page it says i am not allowed to post attachments?

Upload them to a free file sharing service and post link :)