Sign in to follow this  
Booky

How do i tell a heli to land?

I was playing a mp mission alone and let the AI stay at the base. I took a heli to a island and got shot down, so I called on of my ai guys to board a uh-60 and come to my location. he gets there and just hovers over me. I can't find the command to make them land, unless ofcourse I say eject or eng off, but that only makes matters worse if ya know what I mean.

So anyway does anyone know how to make a AI pilot under your command land?

The Safe way:

Use the comms menu to tell the AI pilot to disembark. Select the soldier with the F-keys, then press 4 (mount menu) then dismembark.

If you have other troops with you, tell them to Get In the chopper, and it should land and let them in.

The fun way biggrin.gif

Tell the AI pilot to switch off engine, (6-Action, then switch off engine)

Do this

Place an Empty\object\invinsible H

name it HPad1

Name the UH60 to e.g. WAir1

In UH60:s waypoint's on activation:

WAir1 Land "HPad1" (Effective if you have two choppers to land on specified locations

or if you don't want to name the Invinsible H

WAir1 Land "Land"

This

%unit% Land "%String%"

will make the helicopter to land, and after a short while turn off the engines but the pilotes will remain in the aircraft

Good luck, and if this won't work, or if you do not know what I mean, please tell me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ April 10 2002,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was playing a mp mission alone and let the AI stay at the base. I took a heli to a island and got shot down, so I called on of my ai guys to board a uh-60 and come to my location. he gets there and just hovers over me. I can't find the command to make them land, unless ofcourse I say eject or eng off, but that only makes matters worse if ya know what I mean.

So anyway does anyone know how to make a AI pilot under your command land?<span id='postcolor'>

Are you talking about mission editing or general playing, cos when I posted, this was in General topics. Modders must have moved it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The_Taurus @ April 10 2002,12:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do this

Place an Empty\object\invinsible H

name it HPad1

Name the UH60 to e.g. WAir1

In UH60:s waypoint's on activation:

WAir1 Land "HPad1" (Effective if you have two choppers to land on specified locations

or if you don't want to name the Invinsible H

WAir1 Land "Land"

This

%unit% Land "%String%"

will make the helicopter to land, and after a short while turn off the engines but the pilotes will remain in the aircraft

Good luck, and if this won't work, or if you do not know what I mean, please tell me.<span id='postcolor'>

So these settings are possible to make a heli land accurately and quickly? I was tinkering around with the editor and when i give it a waypoint to 'transport unload' a squad of black ops, the chopper tends to hover for ages looking for a good spot. Which is not good since I'm trying to get them to drop the soldiers off in a hot zone.

MAsta KFC

Yes, accurate but not so very fast,

if you want a shopper to unload it's cargo(troops)

place a Invinsible H where you want the chopper to land

and place the "transport unload" waypoint near the hpad.

also, you will need a "get out" WP for the troops to disembark from the chopper and then you must synchronize the two WP's.

otherwise the chopper won't land on the hpad and the troops wont get out from the chopper.

I really wished that I could draw you a drawing how to do this.

But hopefully you solve it. smile.gif

Actually, Taurus, I've found that Transport Unload automatically forces the troops to get out, whether you have a 'get out' waypoint for the squad or not. But yeah, safer to sync a waypoint anyways. Thanks for the Tip on the invis H though. So the Invis H only needs to be placed at the desired location right? I dont need to add any commands?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ April 11 2002,02:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually, Taurus, I've found that Transport Unload automatically forces the troops to get out, whether you have a 'get out' waypoint for the squad or not. But yeah, safer to sync a waypoint anyways. Thanks for the Tip on the invis H though. So the Invis H only needs to be placed at the desired location right? I dont need to add any commands?<span id='postcolor'>

No commands needed, place the Invisible H and the chopper will land near or on it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Intruder @ April 10 2002,12:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ April 10 2002,09:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was playing a mp mission alone and let the AI stay at the base. I took a heli to a island and got shot down, so I called on of my ai guys to board a uh-60 and come to my location. he gets there and just hovers over me. I can't find the command to make them land, unless ofcourse I say eject or eng off, but that only makes matters worse if ya know what I mean.

So anyway does anyone know how to make a AI pilot under your command land?<span id='postcolor'>

Are you talking about mission editing or general playing, cos when I posted, this was in General topics. Modders must have moved it.<span id='postcolor'>

I was refering in general MP play. I mean not to have them do it as a waypoint but to order them to go to a specific position, as I am GL, and tell them to land so i can get in. It cannot be by waypoints since I don't know where I may end up getting shot down.