Sign in to follow this  
Rayers12

Easy fast-rope

I want a chopper to fly a group and make them rope out. I do not want any player interaction in this, and I can't find a script that fits my exact needs.

I'm pretty sure Norrins fastrope addon has two sample missions included which does exactly that.

Then I must have a different version of his addon than you because I don't need interaction to make fastrope work.

Check my sample mission and apologize after. ;)

W0lle, if the fast rope script is not very large, can you post the script, so I can just put it in my script folder. That way it would not have to be a 'dependent' addon. TIA.

Or, is it just the current norrins script, that I can (find and) unpack?

It's nothing special at all, just using Norrins fastrope pbo and a helicopter with some waypoint in which the script is called. The script itself is included in the addon. All the 'knowledge' is taken from the readme/examples from Norrin.

Rayers12

I took a quick look into your mission but don't have the addon installed you're using. I see that 4 or 5 helicopters are using the fastrope addon/script. Maybe that what causing the problem. Either that or the modified 'move1.sqs' script. Or maybe the helicopter you are using is not fastrope compatible...

I may check again if I have some more time.

W0lle, I did not clarify. I was asking because I tried to load your mission, but it was addon dependent, and would not load. I will go find the Norrin's addon.

Thanks.

This is using norrin_DBO_Fastrope and its on United Sahrani, you could of just removed the the dependency in the mission you know.

This is using norrin_DBO_Fastrope and its on United Sahrani, you could of just removed the the dependency in the mission you know.

Who are you talking to? If you are talking to me, explain. ... Well, anyway, if you are talking to me, you are mistaken. There is no fastrope script of any kind in W0lle's sample mission. :p

W0lle, thanks for the link. I still have not had a chance to look for it, so you saved me some time.