Sign in to follow this  
fooflinger

Can't connect to friends

Hi, I just recently got this game and I have 2 friends who I've been trying to play co-op. I can connect to both of them, but they can't connect to each other it seems, so this of course causes problems. As far as I know, there's no way to portforward this game, so I really don't know how to solve this problem. Please help, thanks.:)

ArmA2 server requires the following ports open to UDP network traffic. TCP is not needed.

•port 2302 UDP ArmA2 game network communication.

•port+1 2303 UDP Gamespy public server reporting.

•port+3 2305 UDP Voice Over Net transmission.

This would be true for any firewalls and routers.

http://portforward.com/default.htm

Edited by ShadowGuy

Me and my friends did this, but it doesen't seem to help. However, last night my friends were able to connect to my game, and we played for hours without any connection problems what so ever. However today, Neither of them are able to join my game. It seems like it works at complete random, there've been times one or both of them have gotten in but 75 percent of the time it doesen't work...Really clueless on this one :/

Edited by fooflinger

bumping because this is a still a giant issue for me and my friends...we've tried everything we can think of. Turning off firewalls, static IP, and it still only works at random which makes NO sense. Please help!

Yep noticed this over the years. Sometimes you can see your mates servers no matter where in the world and then nothing. Dont know whats causing this.

We ususally FILTER the server name if the direct IP doesnt work. Give them the server name and test using it in the FILTER and SEARCH/REFRESH. Also make sure all other settings in the FILTER is correctly set.

bumping because this is a still a giant issue for me and my friends...we've tried everything we can think of. Turning off firewalls, static IP, and it still only works at random which makes NO sense. Please help!

I have the same problem. I can even see the packets arriving using Wireshark but cannot get past the server startup screen. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Very frustrating.

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as all of you have stated.

I checked router for all the right ports - checked windows firewall and it's all set as stated for the ports.

Funny thing, I started for the first time on ArmA 2 just with the 1 port 2302 and it worked with out a hitch ?

No matter what I do now nothing seems to work :confused:

If you're all on the same LAN do not connect to each other through GameSpy

Click "Remote" and then put in the internal IP of the server

Well after much testing it seems to be a Vista problem ONLY !

Xp Works without a hitch.

Testing I did: All ports added as required, Checked with UAC on and off, checked Vista firewall and all is listed (ports opened).

This is for using machine as server and Client (not concerned with lan) to show up in ArmA2 game browser.

As I said above - Xp works without any trouble at all and shows up in game browser.

Just testing using the process of elimination.

I too am on Vista, I seemed to be getting more success by running ARMA in Administrator mode last night. (Right click on link, select Run as Administrator) but it might have been a coincidence. Either way, I couldn't connect to ACE games at all.

Right click to properties then the Advanced button. The new window that opens will have a place to Run as Administrator, which makes the option permanent.