Sign in to follow this  
ansonr

Crash when selecting multiplayer

Whenever I click on multiplayer on the main menu it says receiving then it crashes. No Error it just says Arma 2 has stopped working. Another note is that I have the steam version of the game.

My specs are:

Nvidia 8800GT

AMD Phenom X4 3.1 ghz

Vista 32 bit

Well, I have yet to solve the problem. I updated to 1.05, and it doesn't crash when I select multiplayer, however I cannot join any game or host. When I try to join it immediately without trying says could not connect and when I try to host it just goes back to the server browser.

Yes the firewall is open, that wouldn't stop me from being able to create a server anyway.

well yes it could if you have a security prog that stops .exes from activating, and accessing your network, you may need a DMZ for your router?

I have UAC turned off there for exe's should be able to do whatever they want. Also if I needed to DMZ the router it seems like I would be able to host a LAN game, not to mention I can play pretty much any other game I have online with no problems. I have played Arma 2 in the past on this machine, it was a friends copy and I was able to play fine.

I really appreciate any help you can give.