Sign in to follow this  
Megahurt50

ACE 2 editing info

I would like to know where i can find documentation that covers the proper implementation of Ace created modules in the editor.

Even the basic features are not explained in detail. Any help would be great.

Are you aware that the modules must be syncronized to the "player" in your mission.

That will enact them for starters. Same concept as Ambient combat module ect. I use the there wounding system module all of the time by syncing it and it works great.

Keys can be binded in ARMA2/userconfig/ACE folder.

Edited by TristanYockell

As far as I know, the ACE wounding system applies to all units, no need to sync.

I agree the Ace wounding module works without syncing. I also use the stock first aid modules synced to every squad leader in the mission with it.

There are other Ace modules such as the fast roping which i assume enables you to repell from a chopper. Again, no documentation for use or activation.

This mod is so great i just wish i could read something!

Here's their wiki page, I guess if they have any useful documentation to put up it'll end up on there.

I'll put in more documentation when the wound system is done. It's a bit hard to track until that happens. We also had a hiatus due to moving off the BI wiki. Now that the move is complete work can continue.

Thanks for your responses. I appreciate it all.

A few observations.

I just downloaded the ace 2 213 version and ive noticed the AI has become predominately weaker in missions that use the ACM module.

Situations that included tense and robust firefights are now a walk. I find this fluctuation in ai very hard to deal with when testing missions for balance. Playing the same missions with previous was very much more difficult.

I also noticed that scores of friendly units appeared on the map seemingly converging on my waypoint.

I also had to strip the ai of any healing powers (modules) or i could shoot then forever with no effect.

Fantastic mod. Great fun.

For the wounding, don't use ANY of the standard first aid modules if you use the ACE one. It completely messes up damage and healing.

As for the AI I can't help though :(

I have been using all three first aid modules with the (ace healing module unsynced) and have noticed all works well excpt the if you sync the enemy units they become involnerable.

After a quick test using the Ace healing module alone, i found the carry, drag and healing animations disabled. I will continue to use all three stock healing modules synced to the group leader and the ace healing Module unsynced.

All work well together.

Edited by Megahurt50