Sign in to follow this  
jtmedina

Question about mission editor

Hi,

I just have a question about the mission editor.

I would like to know if when I add a group of units I could use the "probability of presence" and "placement radius" to the entire group not to individual units.I have no idea if I can use it to affect the entire group as an entity.

I believe that you can put the group leaders placement radius, and make sure that everyone else in the group is "in formation" (on by default). That way he will end up somewhere random and his guys will be with him.

If you want a bit more control over your placement, but still have a random element, put down one or more empty markers (ie the ones you can't see in the mission) and group them (F2) to an object (a dude, vehicle, granny or something similar). That way the object will either spawn at its original position or at the position of one of the grouped markers. Good for all kinds of crap.

Not sure thast works with the formation trick tho.

Not sure thast works with the formation trick tho.

It does.

Another "trick" go go along these which allows to add a bit more random elements to your mission:

1. Place a group on the map. You can apply any of the marker trickery described above to this group just like you would normally do.
  2. Give the leader of the group a name, say "infantry_leader"
  3. Set the leader's "probability of presence" to whatever you want it to be
  4. Set all the other group members' "Condition of presence" to:
    not isNull infantry_leader

Now the whole group will show up or not show up according to the leader's probability or presence.

Edited by Fincuan

Thank you all for those quick answers!!,

By the way. Does anyone know if there are tutorials about basic scripting?. just to create basic missions, like how to spawn something or basic script commands.