Sign in to follow this  
kabong

Need some tips to get started on a project...

So it appears kju has become frustrated with his Arma to Arma 2 CAA1 project and thrown in the towel.

Although he did some great work (thanks kju), there is still work left to do. In particular, there are numerous object problems in the converted worlds. Here is one example - the first picture is from Arma and the second is from Arma 2 CAA1, both looking at the large broadcast tower overlooking Dolores:

Tower at proper object height:

Arma_Tower_s.jpg

Tower at improper object height:

Arma2_CAA1_Tower_s.jpg

Besides adjusting object heights, there are several instances of broken ladders and a few objects that will need to be replaced with Arma 2 objects because of Arma 2 player "box" sizes being too big to fit into them. I am guessing that this needs to be addressed by manipulating/replacing the objects within the .wrp "world" files.

I am willing to do the work, but have not yet messed with this part of Arma/Arma 2. What I am looking for is a pointer to the appropriate tool(s) to edit .wrp files.

I have looked at Visitor but it doesn't appear to have the functionality I need (it appears that it will only open .pew, .XYZ and .pbl files).

I am aware of Wrptool but don't know if it is Arma 2 compliant or if it will do what I need it to.

I am not afraid to read and learn but would like some help cutting down on the search/research time required to find what I need - all of the tutorials I have been able to find are more about creating new worlds rather than editing existing ones. Can some one point me in the right direction?

Edited by KaBoNG
fixed image sizes

nm - looking though Sgt. Ace tutorial and think I see what I need to do.

Edited by KaBoNG

well, you can go to dev heaven and there you will find one program called

convertwrp.

That program can convert wrps to pews.

With that you could rip other islands and "with a hell of a lot of work" reengineer them

Thanks mankyle. Already found convertwrp and DePbo.dll so I'm on my way (for now). ;)