Sign in to follow this  
legion7698

Weird proxy issue

Hey All,

Yet anouther day and yet anouther problem. I've created a model, works fine ingame and is everything I expected. However when ever I have it in game all the jeep dirvers appear invisible. The proxy I'm using is the jeepdriver one so this makes some sense. I managed to make the driver proxies reapear by removing the lines from my models config:

class CfgNonAIVehicles

{

class ProxyCrew {};

class ProxyGunner: ProxyCrew {};

class ProxyjeePdriver: ProxyGunner {};

};

However this created a problem of then that the proxy will show for all the jeeps but not my model, it would seem that i can only have it one way and not the other. Any idea's.

Regards,

LEGION7698.

I think you should put the folowing instead

class CfgNonAIVehicles
{
class ProxyCrew {};
class ProxyDriver: ProxyCrew {};
class ProxyjeePdriver: ProxyDriver {};
};

Hey Petar,

Thank you for the help. Unfortunatly however it has not worked, would it help to point out that I'm not actually using the proxy as a driver but as a gunner as its close to what I want without having to make an anim or something.

Thank you for the response.

regards,

LEGION7698.

It would probably be less trouble to just create a new anim set for the driver position.It's really not that difficult.As it is you're going to start getting into trouble by messing about with default classes.

But in the meantime,have a look in here.If you'd like some assistance with it I'd be happy to help.

:)

Hey Macser,

I was directed to try that with a previous model but gave up as I'm not really that bright with computers. However it would appear that if i want to progress then I'm going to have to learn it. I will let you know how I do with it and will more than likely take you up on the offer of help.

Regards,

LEGION7698

Hey Macser,

I was directed to try that with a previous model but gave up as I'm not really that bright with computers. However it would appear that if i want to progress then I'm going to have to learn it. I will let you know how I do with it and will more than likely take you up on the offer of help.

Regards,

LEGION7698

Have you put the proxy in the jeep model ?

Put a non binarized proxy in the folder of your addon.

Then in the O2 hit create>proxy and in windov proxyname type:

\addoon folder name\jeepdriver

Now set it up well using buldozer as shover where the driver will apear.

When you are satisfied rename the selection for the proxy(it is auto created when you insert a proxy)from:

proxy \addoon folder name\jeepdriver

to:

proxy jeepdriver

or something like that.

I wouldn't do that unless you're intending on using a custom proxy.It could get messy.

If you want to use the BIS proxies,create your new one and just name it without any paths.Just "Jeepdriver".O2 and the game engine will understand.There's no need to define a path for the default proxies.

:)

I wouldn't do that unless you're intending on using a custom proxy.It could get messy.

If you want to use the BIS proxies,create your new one and just name it without any paths.Just "Jeepdriver".O2 and the game engine will understand.There's no need to define a path for the default proxies.

You can put the proxy in data3D folder of Buldozer if you want to show the proxy in buldozer.Then the path is not needed.