Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

I'm too locked out of my chopper!

I need to make it so that the player cant take the position of gunner or pilot on my black hawk. I just want to be able to get in the back.

One way is to AssignAsCargo, but the player cannot be the leader.

Or you could occupy the pilot and gunner positions with AI. Just set the fuel to 0 so they can't fly off biggrin.gif

then setfuel 1.0 when the player gets in.

no, see this chopper isnt in my group. I just have it in the mission as a contingancy plan to evacuate if something goes wrong.

Iv got it set up like this:

When you hit a radio trigger, the black hawk fuels up, and comes for you. It lands, the pilots get out, you get in, the pilots get in, then you take off. I have them get out because otherwise, they just land real quick then take off again. But while they're out of the vehicle, i have the opportunity to take the pilot or gunner seat. I just want to be able to get in cargo, nothing more.

give the chopper a load waypoint and an invisible helipad, then give the player group a get in waypoint, syncronize them.

Also, @ the helo's original position, make it empty, then place one guy next to it to be pilot, then when he lands on the invisible helipad that Zach mentioned, you can choose to get in as gunner.

Two ways how to do it :

1) Make trigger activated by nobody repeatly

condition : (player==gunner heli) or (player==driver heli)

on activation : hint "Move your ass back, soldier !";player setpos [(getpos player select 0)+1,(getpos player select 1)+1,(getpos player select 2)]

2) After pilot and gunner leave heli, move to their positons (movein pilot and gunner) imaginary unit until player is not in cargo. This will be small script with loop.

actually, i got it all figured out by myself, but thanks anyway, everyone smile.gif

I found that if you sit the pilots outside the chopper ,and have a -talk - get in -suport player- for the pilot and sync it with radio and they will be at your beck and call. Just make sure that you are near the chopper when they land. Or it'll look like the movie PLATOON where the dude is left to die sad.gif

yeah, i just named the chopper "air" and gave the chopper a waypoint with air land "land"; air lockwp true in the activation field. this forces it to land and locks its waypoint so it cant just up and leave after it does that. Then i made a trigger with player in air in the condition field, and air lockwp false in the activation field. that way, its waypoint is unlocked and it can resume its course once i'm on board.