Sign in to follow this  
themoffster

Just another 2 points

1: How can I get a unit to join my group? I`ve looked at the unofficial command reference and tried what it says, but I get errors. I`ve tried this so far:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#loop

? (player distance helo1 < 5): goto "join"

~1

goto "loop"

#join

c5 Join GrpNull

c6 Join GrpNull

helo1driver join GrpNull

~1

c5 Join "moffgroup"

c6 Join "moffgroup"

helo1driver Join "moffgroup"

~0.5

this remooveaction "Put out fire"

exit<span id='postcolor'>

Where c5, c6 and helo1driver are the units I want to join moffgroup (I tried without the "" around moffgroup also)

2: From the same script above I tried to use the "removeaction" command. This gives an error also, now I know it isn`t in the same Command Reference Document, but I once upon a time used "AddAction" to add things where it says "Engine on, reload etc", I was thinking RemoveAction might be the opposite. I have fires hidden in a crashed BlackHawk to simulate it being on fire, but when I go near the chopper my action menu fills with "Put out fire", it looks silly.

Any ideas?

I`ve found out that you do "unitname removeaction 0", this removes the action with index = 0. But how do I see what number corresponds to which index value?

When using join, it dont take a string.

You use something like:

Plgroup = group player

Man1 join Plgroup

And I dont think you can remove actions created by the engine. Either way, that doesnt take a string, so it wouldnt work anyway.

Try:

[c1] join grpnull

[c1] join moffgroup

The commands awaits an array so you have to place the brackets.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (themoffster @ April 04 2002,05<!--emo&:0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I`ve found out that you do "unitname removeaction 0", this removes the action with index = 0. But how do I see what number corresponds to which index value?<span id='postcolor'>

This is from official scripting reference :

unit addAction action

Operand types:

unit: Object

action: Array

Compatibility:

Version 1.1 required.

Type of returned value:

None

Description:

Create an action. Action ID should be returned, but due to bug it is not. To determine action ID use following algorithm: first action added to given vehicle has ID zero, next has ID one, etc.

Example:

player addAction ["Hello", "hello.sqs"]