Sign in to follow this  
jasonnoguchi

No Force Feedback Support?

I just bought a force feedback joystick today just to find that the vibrations are not working in ArmA2 at all. But how come I see the config for vibrations inside the config file? Anyone?

Using the search on the forum I found that at least the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick and the Logitech G940 support Force Feedback in ArmA 2. So maybe you need to turn it on somewhere / in the config? Or maybe the joystick is not supported?

I wasn't able to find a list of supported joysticks this quickly.

ok, I will research for a list of supported joysticks. Thanks. At least i know it is being supported, so now its just a matter of making it work...hohohohoh, like all things BIS. :)

I am using the Speedlink Black widow joystick http://www.speed-link.com/?p=2&cat=313&pid=1533&paus=1 . I paid around £20 for it and the vibration works fine with ArmA 2. I'm not using speedlinks drivers as I could not get them to work. I un-installed the drivers and reinstalled using windows 7 to detect and download it's own drivers for it and it hay presto everything worked fine.

ooooooo..... thanks for the tip!!!! I will try your method.... wonder if XP does the same thing of downloading its own drivers?

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 PM ----------

I am using the Speedlink Black widow joystick http://www.speed-link.com/?p=2&cat=313&pid=1533&paus=1 . I paid around £20 for it and the vibration works fine with ArmA 2. I'm not using speedlinks drivers as I could not get them to work. I un-installed the drivers and reinstalled using windows 7 to detect and download it's own drivers for it and it hay presto everything worked fine.

Gee, I tried the XP drivers and still no force feedback. :( anyone has gotten force feedback to work in XP?