Sign in to follow this  

Is there a way to on the fly change the maximum range of RPG-7 rockets? Like the OG7?

It's pretty annoying having to create different kind of ammo for different distances...

Here's a demonstration of it's effectiveness, would be really awesome if this could be made practical.

k_hibgbJYks

Yes I know this thread is a duplicate from the scripting section but I'm not sure where to put it, maybe more people will see it here and come with input.

Well, not as weapon addon by it's meaning but probably by scripting. But would need someone who's better with math than i am.

I think this could look as follows:

a dialogue would let you set the fly distance.

after firing the RPG (or another AT Weapon, also possible) a "fired" eventhandler catches the projectile (rocket) and let it detonate as soon the set travel distance is reached. Maybe a simple setdammage on the rocket will do, else delete the rocket at target point and create a detonation by script.

Sadly i'm no good at such math and even worse on creating dialogues. But if someone steps in with the knowledge needed, he may write something useful based on this idea.