Sign in to follow this  
irongrip

Waypoint and unit fused together?

I've already done a few Google searches, but can't find anything close to an answer on this:

I have downloaded some chopper extraction/insertion demos, which are quite excellent, and for my lack of knowledge I had decided to simply copy and paste the work that was already done into my own missions, editing as needed.

Here is the scenario: A pilot is activated by a trigger to get into an empty chopper. The problem is that the chopper seems to be non-selectable; that is, I put the mouse over it and the only thing I can grab is the waypoint, but I can't even move it around, unless I click and drag to select the waypoint and the unit itself. But even then I cannot edit the unit to make it into a different chopper (the one in the mission is too small - I want the MH53).

I have noticed on occasion that in some of my other missions, the waypoint will seem to become fused to the unit in the same way. My questions are these:

Is such fusion necessary for the correct functioning of the extraction, or what is its purpose? Is it a glitch? If not, then how do I fuse and un-fuse the waypoint to a unit?

If anyone can help, I'd be most appreciative. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry to waste everyone's time. I don't know why I didn't think to check Mr. Murray's guide. Allocated waypoints! Press shift and double click... sweet!

Edited by irongrip
found the answer

Well now that I have that part figured out (how to edit the unit with the allocated waypoint attached to it), how do I go about creating an allocated waypoint in the first place?

Thanks.

Nobody?

EDIT: ...It's always the most obvious solution, isn't it... Place unit, press F4, double click directly over the unit when it's name is displayed.

No wonder I didn't get any answers, it would seem to be pretty obvious after the fact.

In any case, consider my forehead slapped!

Edited by irongrip
figured out the answer

If you click a unit and get the waypoint info, it's because you are in Waypoint mode (F4). Hit F1 then try again. ;)

You obviously didn't understand the question Grizzle. The issue was not F4, that is just normal waypoints. The issue for ALLOCATED waypoints (waypoints that are fused to a unit - such as a destroy waypoint on an enemy unit or a get in waypoint on an empty vehicle) was

EDIT: ...It's always the most obvious solution, isn't it... Place unit, press F4, double click directly over the unit when it's name is displayed.
Edited by irongrip

hmm not sure if you meant that:

when a waypoint is attached onto a unit you can:

dbl-click it to open the waypoint's box or use shift-click to

go for the unit below the waypoint.

If you hover the mouse over the waypoint+unit and press delete,

you will delete the waypoint because it's the let's say top layer.

As long as it's one unit and one waypoint it's easy to mess around with,

things start getting more tricky when there are two waypoints of two different

groups attached onto a vehicle - no way to change lot of without having to delete

and recreate it. :(

~S~ CD