Sign in to follow this  
bushlurker

The (un)Official Freetrack Users Q&A Thread

Hello,

I have weird problem using freetrack. My webcam has 30fps which seems to be enough to work properly, but when ingame freetrack starts lagging. It isn't choppy, it's very smooth but it has 3-4 seconds lag. When I turn the frame rate multiplier off in options the lag is gone but it isn't smooth anymore. Anyone had similiar problem? Or know how to solve this?

I'd say the best thing you can do is get a wii remote + bluetooth dongle, it's much smoother at 100fps. If you can't do that then it's all about getting the balance between smoothing/amount of lag you can put up with. I'd really need to know what settings you've got to try and help any further.

I've been looking into making one of these setups, but I can't find any US dealers who sell the SFH485P IR LEDs. Does anyone know of any? I was going to order from Farnell (a UK company AFAIK) but the minimum order is £20 and I only need about £4 worth of materials. :( Any ideas?

You don't need to get that exact model. I got mine from an amazon(uk) shop (radioshack), not sure what they were but I just had to file down the tops to make them flat - just used a normal nail file for that.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Bright-Infrared-5mm-LED-27mW/dp/B002BFTV3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=industrial&qid=1275013410&sr=8-1

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062565&numProdsPerPage=20&retainProdsInSession=1&retainProdsInSession=1

Either of these would probably do.

You can even use IR leds from old tv remotes or those universal remotes you can buy for very cheap.

... and if you just want to test things are working properly (and don't mind looking like The Borg) you can even temporarily use standard visible-light LED's - red is best...

Theres a little more likelihood of other light sources interfering with a visible light setup, but in appropriate conditions and with appropriate settings it'll work just as well as IR LED's... enough to get you up and running while you source more appropriate (and less expensive) LED's...

Filing down the tops of the LEDs helps a lot - be careful tho, just take away the domed top part - gently...

B

been a lurker for a while ,total noob question -got my cam and tracker clip working perfectly only problem is i cant seem to get it to show up at all under the controlers menu at all ? any ideas i am geting depressed of wearing this hat for no reason :) thanks inadvance

(freetracker interface is cheakedin out put menu )