Sign in to follow this  
maiochine

ARMA 2 OUT OF ACTIVATIONS for SecuROM

Hi all !

I bought ARMA 2 online in download version from the ARMA website through NEXWAY webservice on the 28 of June.

I had it on my X-PC with windows XP and today I have it on my new PC with Windows 7 64bit.

THE PROBLEM:

The SecuROM protection software is telling me that I dont have any activations left !!!

I contacted them to ask them if they could increase my activations and they replied back saying:

"Hello.

Thank you for your e-mail.

It appears that you have exceeded your activation limit. Unfortunately, we are

unable to increase your activation limit and have been advised by the software

publisher to direct users with these inquires directly to them.

Their official support contact: http://www.arma2.com/support/support_de.html

If you have purchased your game as a digital download (no disc), please

contact your point of purchase regarding an activation increase.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards, "

I contacted arma2_en@nexway.com where I bought ARMA 2, but still have no answer !!!

QUESTION:

Anyone have a quick solution for this issue ? Did you have the same problem ?

THanks

So you installed it 2 times on different machines? There should be 3 installations wich can be de-activated when uninstalling them provided there is no hardware change. With hardware change you lose an installation. But when reinstalling a computer you can de-activate the installation and thus not lose it. I think.

Just laying out the facts i think is correct here. But i guess your problem is that you should have 1 installation left. In that case you should get it back if there was some fault happening. Maybe someone has a similar story. You have to wait and see.

Good luck.

I'm really fed up personally in these copy protections, and decided few years back i will never buy another game unless i have first tested it. Did the same with Arma2 and was happy to buy it when i knew it was good game and worth supporting the developers.

Most PC games today are utter crap and i would not install them even for free (MW2 and the like with down graded functionality etc..), the game industry is in bad shape these days with EA and other fools only looking for maximum profit.

Got the same issue now myself. SecuROM are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard as expected. Also no response from nexway after 4 days so far.

I'm pretty much just taking this as a lesson never again to buy anything using this sort of copy protection. I might pick up ArmA2 again over steam if/when they do another offer, but until then I'm done.