Sign in to follow this  
waterinthefuel

Need help with the laser designator

I'm currently doing a mission where I must lase a bridge. I made it to the bridge and am lasing it and nothing is happening. What else do I need to do? Thanks!

Yes, it's a night mission so I see a big white spot in the middle of the crosshairs. I just sit there with the white spot on the bridge and nothing happens.

Should be a cammand showing up in the action menu to announce the target is identified

Where is the action menu? I brought up the command and it said "target acquired" and still nothing happened.

Nevermind, I found it. You have to go to "reply" under the command menu, then go down to "radio" and that gave me the option "call airstrike".

Edited by waterinthefuel

Its a single player mission called "laser" that I downloaded in a package of 13. It is by far the most fun I've ever had with this game. What's funny is I saved the mission, and then like 60 seconds later the bomb hits and kills me as I'm too close. So when I returned to my saved game I had about 1 minute to haul butt as far away as I could and hurry up and lase the bridge! LOL And then I died trying to return to base by bad guys I never saw.

It's a freakin' blast.

Edited by waterinthefuel

Oh yes, it works fine, thanks for the help! I beat the mission but it took me so long to navigate to the bridge that a convoy that was supposed to not cross managed to but they called it a success anyway but I didn't get the green dot showing it was a success. :(