Sign in to follow this  
irongrip

How do I use CPBO to extract?

I have already clicked OK to associate it in the registry, and it allows me the option to create a PBO when I right click a directory, but I never get the option to extract when I right click on a PBO and double clicking is also just as useless. Any advice would be great. Thanks.

Well once you have "installed" it, by associating it with the registry you should just be able to double click a pbo to extract it. All pbo files should become associated with that program and the icon for a pbo file should likewise be different. If you can't double click then you must have done something wrong

You double click on cpbo, and then click "Okay". Right? There isn't really anything you can do wrong, unless I'm missing something...

Doesnt work for me on Windows 7. Always worked in XP.

I use ELITEness instead. For extracting and packing is a bit overkill as it comes with other tools. But one thing is really good with it - you can see the files inside the PBO's.

If your on Windows 7 you might have the same problem as me - not working cpbo.exe. Download the above prog and you should be fine. ;)

Alex

Thanks for the reply. Actually I'm on XP (heard nothing but horror stories about W7). I've already found PBOview, which is doing what I need it to do.

But I certainly don't mind helping myself to Mr. Murrays Editing Guide!

Thanks again.

cpbo works fine for me in W7 x64 RC1 .. you need to have admin rights.