Sign in to follow this  
HuFlungDung

Why do Throttle and rudder share the Z axis in controls

I dragged this over from another section of the forum in hopes that it might get seen.

I'm using version 1.3 and I see that the "throttle" is supposed to be the "collective", according to the experts here. I'll try thinking that way as I play and maybe it will help. smile.gif

I did go to the last item in the controls list, which is called Thrust (air). I clicked on it with the mouse, and then slowly moved the "throttle" on my Saitek cyborg 3d gold USB through its full travel. As I do this, the words "stick z axis" remain all the time, but at certain points in the movement, a second definition "stick slider 1" pops up and then disappears. Is this an indication of a bug, that might cause some kind of erratic or conflicting behaviour?

What is confusing here, is that the twist axis is also called the Z twist axis. Somehow, I think the two functions, rudder and throttle (or collective) should not be associated under the name of the Z axis?

I would surely like the option to reverse the function of the "throttle" just for ease of use. Plus, I would like the throttle to be the throttle, and not the collective. I could use a couple of keyboard keys for the collective. It seems user unfriendly to not be able to slow the engine a bit when you are trying to touch down. I don't know, do some of the keyboard keys currently control the engine speed in the helicopter?