Sign in to follow this  
mchide

Glasses for opf

confused.gif What ,do they sell viritual glasses?For only 69,00$.

If somevone buys them wrote here and tell,what is the diference in viewing picture.

If you turn your head ,head in OPF turns and your gun is in diferent direction?confused.gif?confused.gif?confused.gif???

Sory for my bad english: biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifwow.gif

topic:http://www.edimensional.com/Merchant2/agent.mv?AG=seventh&SC=PLST&S=edimensional

There was a post a few days ago about the glasses at http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=9268. I love mine...I think they are truly incredible and it seems the others that have received theirs would agree.

The way it works is it changes the image output into a left and right perspective and each eye sees only one perspective through the glasses so the image appears truly 3D like the real world. It's like some objects fly out at you and others appear with real depth, like you could reach inside your montior and touch things. A very cool effect indeed and it brings a whole new life to OFP.

It does not change your aim when you look around. It simply alters what the image looks like. However, I'm looking at their other product, the trackIR which adds head tracking to the glasses. It appears that with this product, when you have the glasses on it tracks head movement so you can control aim and POV by looking around. Could be pretty cool as well. I'll report back if I get it, but I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best. I think the edimensional really perfected some promising technology and the implications for OFP are profound so i'm happy to share the little wisdom i have with everyone:)

dude, that head tracking sounds awsome! one qusetion though, with the glasses on is it hard to hit the right keys on the keyboard? that's my main worry. biggrin.gif

keys are not the problem for me smile.gif ,i wonder if you move head do you see all the world around you confused.gif ,that would be great.Now i have vomand to move head on middle buton on mouse ,it would be much easier to move head whit glases dont you think ... smile.gifbiggrin.gif

dang man, with those glasses and the head tracker thingy all you need is one of those arcade style guns you can point at baddies with and a tredmil so you can accually walk around in the battle field and its pure gaming heavin!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">with the glasses on is it hard to hit the right keys on the keyboard? that's my main worry. <span id='postcolor'>

No, it is just like normal.  The glasses are small and lightweight, like sunglasses, and you can see right through them like normal glasses, so you're not blocked from seeing the keyboard in any way. All the tracker is, is a reflective dot that sticks on the bridge of the glasses with a infra-red receiver that tracks the motion.  

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">,i wonder if you move head do you see all the world around you <span id='postcolor'>

You can't look all around you, like behind you because then you're no longer looking at the monitor.  The way I understand it is that tracker works proportionately and pans, so you can look around and a small glance to the left pans left, as far as you want.  You can continue the pan motion, just like with joystick or mouse controlled POV.  

(Man the more I talk about it the more I talk myself into getting it biggrin.gif )  

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

dang man, with those glasses and the head tracker thingy all you need is one of those arcade style guns you can point at baddies with and a tredmil so you can accually walk around in the battle field and its pure gaming heavin!!!    

<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif What will they come up with next??

Really it can't be all that far off, we've got the 3d glasses technology, we've got light gun technology, we've got affordable home treadmill technology, only takes one company to combine all three and us gamers have some great times ahead, no longer will gaming have the image of unfit slobs sat on their ever widening backsides for days on end, it would certainly make me be happy to exercise if we could do it in game smile.gif

"Hey Hil you playing Opf tonight?" "no I can't I tore my groin muscle engaging a squad of soviets last night in the Opf campaign" wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 01 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Hey Hil you playing Opf tonight?" "no I can't I tore my groin muscle engaging a squad of soviets last night in the Opf campaign" wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lmao!!!! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ April 01 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"Hey Hil you playing Opf tonight?" "no I can't I tore my groin muscle engaging a squad of soviets last night in the Opf campaign" wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL. that would be pretty funny. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Not for Hil's wife it wouldn't wink.gif