Sign in to follow this  
Alwarren

Making units switch side in the middle of a mission

Hi.

I'm having a bit of an issue here with making a group of units including the player switch side. Here's what I am trying to do:

The player (as civilian) and another civilian agent are supposed to carry out an undercover sabotage mission. Since they're civilians and I have put civilians on "friendly to all", they're not being attacked. In a certain restricted area where the player operates alone, I have simply added -10000 to the player's rating and back again when he leaves the area. Any guard spotting the player during that time will attack him.

Now, if I do this with the civilian agent around, they will become enemies of each other which is obviously not want I want.

I've tried a few variants. I have tried to have them join a (far-off) western team leader and delete that team leader right away. This makes them become west, and makes all the insurgents appear red, but they don't attack. I tried it with setFriend, but as the wiki already says it doesn't really work within the mission. I've also tried setting the rating to -10000 and back immediately, but that doesn't work either.

Anybody got an idea for that? Thanks!

~~~ Alwarren.