Sign in to follow this  
OutLord

Free Fall Bombs - Lock

I suggest that the free fall bombs on the Harrier and the Hind should be exactly that. Free falling bombs where you line them up in the hud, hopefully with a CCIP and you drop them on the target.

It makes no sense that I can drop the mk82's from 4km away at 4 different targets and 60seconds later I get the kills.

Yup, it's a lazy shortcut on the dev's part so AI and less skilled players get veteran pilot results with minimal coding and learning.

Funny you should mention this, i changed the mk82s in my mod to freefall, AI use them pretty nice with a modded flightmodel.

Yup, it's a lazy shortcut on the dev's part so AI and less skilled players get veteran pilot results with minimal coding and learning.

I think it's more of a workaround to making a proper CCIP in the HUD.

Right, no CCIP is less coding and work on BIS's part. I guess the AI always have a pretty good "intuitive sense" of ballistics so they probably don't need lock that much.

On the bright side, less errant bombs falling on my head in COOP. :) If you want the challenge just free fall with the LGB harrier, or don't use lock with the other.

The problem is that due to lack of CCIP you can't use bombs without locking them in any kind of way that resembles RL even a tiny bit, but rather have to use methods more suitable for WWII.