Sign in to follow this  
Archangellos

Need help With Arma2.cfg

Hi all.

Our clan rented a server from art of war am new this game and dont have a clue about how make a server run better so i would like some help with that

I read lot of post stickys etc my english are good but not that good so some things i dont fully understand em (maybe is not english problem)anyway

From the few i understood(I hope i did)is the server perfomance has something to do with how the settings in the file ''Arma2.Cfg'' are.

So i browse the files in Art of war ,found Arma.Cfg file,opened it and saw this:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

now from some stickys i saw there should be more info in that file

the thin is i dunno(i use the word dunno many times,dunno why)what else should be there but my 6th sense tells me that that is not enough so i checked a few posts more and changed that to:

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

MinBandwidth=4096000

MaxBandwidth=12288000

MaxMsgSend = 512

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 512

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 128

MinErrorToSend = 0.005

MaxCustomFileSize=350000

Guess what!!The server wont start so maybe i need to change back to what it was or do something else.

I am trying our server to run better cause even if we are 4-5 person we experience lag and perfomance issues specially in EVO-Blue

As you have understand am totally noob and be at a phase that 1 question brings 3 new i just hope for quick solution and need your knowledge

Sorry for my english

thanks in advance:)