Sign in to follow this  
Pappy60

proper aviation cockpit alarms and flight models

I a sure any pilot would agree with me, the simple beeps in place of cockpit alarms are less than realistic and even annoying.

I am suggesting real cockpit alarms for engine failure, hydro failure, altitude etc. I made my own for my own missions but it should be part of the game.

I love the blackhawk flight model, fairly realistic, sluggish handling, pretty tough...however the UH-1 is arcade style handling, way too responsive and unrealistic. Also UH-1 is way too easy to damage, small arms can bring it down in seconds, again not very realistic.

The problem I have with the UH-1 is that a single bumpy landing often breaks it!

Some basic alarms like "Terrain terrain" or "Warning warning", "Caution", "Pull up"

and to figure out what's really wrong either the HUD should show what's wrong or the instrument panel.

Realistic twitchiness on helos that are lightly loaded, but have the response of a heavy metal jet when helos are loaded with people, weapons, whatever.

I'm sure one could be modded similar to how the RKSL flares are implemented. I.e. covering all default aircraft and easily added to new aircraft.

Does military fighter aircraft and helicopters have GPWS? And use it? Due to lack of weather systems, proper altitudes, landscape sizes, is there any reason not to fly tactically? I'm not an Arma2 pilot myself, but I have a feeling that if I were the first thing I would do was to turn off such a feature.

Btw, I'm into civilian GA flying so I have some knowlegde about it. But not so much into military flying, so I'm not into the specifics here.

Does military fighter aircraft and helicopters have GPWS? And use it? Due to lack of weather systems, proper altitudes, landscape sizes, is there any reason not to fly tactically? I'm not an Arma2 pilot myself, but I have a feeling that if I were the first thing I would do was to turn off such a feature.

Btw, I'm into civilian GA flying so I have some knowlegde about it. But not so much into military flying, so I'm not into the specifics here.

The Ka-50 is equipped with GPWS.

But you can set what altitude it alerts you.