Sign in to follow this  
Vasili I. Koslov

another noob-question about artillery and fire missions

Hi,

Today I bought an MLRS with gunner and drove it to about 900m from objective to let it open fire on it.

I asked on the side channel for some help as I was a bit confused and desoriented and I've come to the special commanding window thingy but how to I let the gunner fire the MLRS exactly at that position?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure with the MLRS, but if it's the same targeting window, you bring that line with the multiple marks crossing through it over the area you'd like to bombard. You should then get 3 blue markers on those cross marks mentioning the time it would take for the ordinance to land, usually in the sequence of the closest mark first, and the furthest mark every 3rd round, but with the MRLS I don't know how that is handled. For regular artillery I can make sense of it, but having not used the MLRS with the artillery module, I do not know how to aim it exactly, but that long line with the multiple marks will basically be the rough area of impact.

If someone else has a better description, probably best to hear it from them.

Not sure with the MLRS, but if it's the same targeting window, you bring that line with the multiple marks crossing through it over the area you'd like to bombard. You should then get 3 blue markers on those cross marks mentioning the time it would take for the ordinance to land, usually in the sequence of the closest mark first, and the furthest mark every 3rd round, but with the MRLS I don't know how that is handled. For regular artillery I can make sense of it, but having not used the MLRS with the artillery module, I do not know how to aim it exactly, but that long line with the multiple marks will basically be the rough area of impact.

If someone else has a better description, probably best to hear it from them.

I just found out.

you need to mark the position where you want it to land, click on the drop-down menu to the M270 MLRS and then call it in.

Worked for me.

Haven't used the howitzers or mortars however... Thanks for that info!