Sign in to follow this  
Cuzer

Help me please....in Dogs of War

I could capture Lopotev, altough after that it went into bug-hell.

1. The evac-helo arrived and landed, but lopotev wouldnt follow me to it. After some time - 2 or 3 minutes - I suddenly popped into the helicopter with lopotev on board....

2.After arriving at the base, the helo prepared for landing and just before he hit the ground, lopotev got out and the helo started climbing again to 150m or so, staying on the same spot.

Funny thing is, I had to eject mid-air and when I told my team to disembark the helo actually went down and landed properly ......

3. Now I got the radio call that we have to get lopotev to some new place, the truck is already standing by but lopotev is not going in there. I ordered my team in there and myself, then the truck wanted to drive but couldnt get past lopotev as he was standing right in front of it. I got out and and bam....back to windows

I just used endmission then couse after the 5th try on this mission I'm just too frustrated to start again

Funny thing is, I had to eject mid-air and when I told my team to disembark the helo actually went down and landed properly ......

Yes, Ordering your squad mates to exit a helo will make the helo land. Ordering them to board a helo will also make a helo land if it is in the air. It's the only way to properly use the marine choppers.

Originally Posted by Cuzer View Post

Hmmm Luke I'm worried now as I never got the chat about The Russians blonde guy or the mission "Dealing with the russians" being complete yet all spetnatz are dead and the truck has gone off to the Russian base, will I be able to finish the mission if this doesn't happen do you know?

I think it took a minute or two for some CDF guy, maybe it was Marney, to come up and investigate the dead Spetznatz and realize one of them was the blond russian. You need to be in the area for this to happen. If nothing happens after a while then either you haven't really killed all of them or a trigger has failed most likely. I would replay from a previous point and try again.

Yes, Ordering your squad mates to exit a helo will make the helo land. Ordering them to board a helo will also make a helo land if it is in the air. It's the only way to properly use the marine choppers.

I think it took a minute or two for some CDF guy, maybe it was Marney, to come up and investigate the dead Spetznatz and realize one of them was the blond russian. You need to be in the area for this to happen. If nothing happens after a while then either you haven't really killed all of them or a trigger has failed most likely. I would replay from a previous point and try again.

for me it can take up to 5-10 minutes. Sometime doing the "Map trick" cam speed things up.

Zdavid whats the map trick cam? I've yet to play since but want this Dealing with the Russians sorted before I carry on with the game

Cheers

Cuzer

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:48 PM ----------

OH MY GOD - HELP!

Reverted and redone the handing Lopotev over task as it clearly never triggered the sequence in my game, at first I got Lopotev died in the attack which I've never had before so I tried again and hey presto, all good, russians dead and the correct message came up that we had recognised the blonde guy etc and dealing with the russians came up as completed - hoorah!

Unit 4 came to heal me in the sandbag area to the left of where the exchange took place and guess what he's now bloody trapped there! I'm heading back to base, all is good yet 4 can't move out of the wall and bunker combo because he's trapped!

Is there anyway round this? Can I disband him and get him back? Is there a command to move the unit? Being as you can't control him in this mission I can't walk him out myself, he moves a few metres when I give him commands but he won't walk through the gap to exit the bunker area - I could bloody scream - any suggestions?

Cuzer

I hate these stupid AI glitches, they really ruin the game. I once spent over 1/2 hour getting my guys out of the lake where the dam is because they didn't know how to follow me across the dam bridge.

Anyway, try getting him back into formation and then go off in the direction that seems most logical for the AI pathing to find the hole.

If that doesn't work try ordering him into a different position such as prone. then try to order him out or tell him to fall into formation.

I'm not sure what else can be done except to save, reload and see if the AI decides to cooperate.

For the record I had to re-do it - he wouldn't move whatever I tried

Thankfully progressed OK now though and got the Dealing with the Russians task completed

Cuzer