Sign in to follow this  
Redrum_99

1.30 install/problem

I recently installed a couple bad addons so I completly un-installed OFP and then re-installed but when I went to reinstall the 1.30 patch nothing happens.I click on the Exe and it brings up the "Operation flashpoint/Cold war crisis banner" then when that goes away nothing happens, I ve used the same file before and it worked fine but after I Uninstalled OFp it just doesnt work ?

I tried restarting my pc then reinstalling the patch but it still did it

Any idea's?

Yes, it's the stupid SafeDisc copy-protection code, I had the same problem.

The solution for me was to patch from a second Windows 2000 installation on a separate partition. The Windows 2000 I was able to successfully patch under was a bare-bones installation with nothing else on it -- no CD burning software, AV utilities, download manager etc.

I had the cd in the rom drive when i goto install it, and I have no other programs running...

I think the safe disc is where you cant install the patch without the cd..?

not sure though...Im gonna download the patches again tonight (Im on 56k sad.gif ) so hopefully Ill figure it out before then..

{edit}-meant to say im on Windows98

SafeDisc is being used to protect both the game itself, as well as the patches, so yes, you do need the original CD in the drive when you try to patch.

Personally, I wish they would just get rid of the stupid copy-protection code, it causes nothing but problems for legitimate owners of the game, and cracks are often out before the a game hits the shelves. It's a loosing battle being fought on the backs of the people who actually pay for software. mad.gif

hehe I reinstalled the game 3 times today and had to reenter my key code 3damn times....

Do you think re-downloading the patches will work?

No, I do not. I think the problem is a conflict between SafeDisc and some other software installed on your system.

There are some programs that are known to cause problems, because SafeDisc specifically looks for them (such as CD emulators), and others that can cause problems on some installations, such as CD burning software, some versions of ASPI drivers, debugging tools, system recovery utilities etc.

Actually, I've always wondered if you can patch in Safe Mode -- you may want to try that. If that works, it would belong in Avon Lady's FAQ! biggrin.gif

Okay heres what Ive gotten so far...And before I never tried starting a game and when I tried, it did the same thing as when installing a patch, so you were right smile.gif

-I uninstalled the game..

-Uninstalled Daemon tools (which I found on another thread, that it can interfere...)

-Reinstalled ASPI drivers

-Reinstalled OFP and I can now start the game and play fine, but still cannot install the patches.

-Now I get the error "insert correct cd-rom and, press ok and restart the application" And the cd Is in the drive

This is killing me cause 3or4 days ago I was playing the game fine and all this started after I tried re-installing the game..

I have not got a drive that will burn Cd's so that is out of the question sad.gif

Thanks for the help

yeah, what exactly do I search for?

I skimmed through the FAQ but couldnt find anything

Well, I got it fixed but Since BIS is so stubberen I had to reformat my computer..

I couldnt find, whatever it was interfering with the game after re-installing the Asip drivers (as said over at the avon lady's FAQ) and check my computer over and over for anything that would activate the safe-disc and there was none.

And i have to restart my campaign.. mad.gif

damn this game is hard too