Sign in to follow this  
Sabor_Wolf

Need help with accelerating time

i was in a game and it was 30 mins long...Danak47 made it

it was daytime when we started, it got night, and then turned day again...all in 30 mins...how would i boost the time in a game like this?

if its "settime 5" or so where should i put this snippet?

or is it _gamespeed =>1 or SetAccTime 1? if its 1 of these 3 where should i put it...if its not tell me what it is and where i should put it

anyone?!?! if u look at the watch it skips a minute every second or so in a game as well...and it aint by pushing === ---

sounds like he was using a script that ran the skiptime command evey minute or two. I'll see what i can do about writing one myself and report back (unless someone else wants to do that for me smile.gif )

thanks...i believe its SetAccTime 10 5 4 whatever the number u want it to be X's faster....and i think u put that in the initiation of a trigger...but if thats true..and i put activation by anybody....but that doesnt work, ive tried this command in the description, init, outry, mission..lol i cant figure it out...

the map was great, gave u that feeling of playing for 23 hours

which we did, it said duration 23 hours at end of game...

No you are looking for the command :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">skiptime 3<span id='postcolor'>

3 is the hours you want to skip forward.

RED

ok i want it to do it continuously..thruout the whole game...so do i make a trigger with that on the activation? where do i put the command?

thanks red your helping a LOT so far

The best way to do it would be with a script :

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_time = 0

#loop

~1

skiptime _time

_time = _time + 0.05

?(_time >= X):goto "end"

goto "loop"

#end

exit

<span id='postcolor'>

X is the total amount of hours you want to skip (just change it to 12 or what ever you need).

"_time = _time + 0.05" will skip 0.05 of an hour every 1 second change the + 0.05 to your needs.

RED

ok so i do that, i dont do this kind stuff so im sorry..but where would i put that script?

Make a file called "timeskip.sqs" in notepad and just cut and past the code in. in a trigger's onactivation feild put : [] exec "timeskip.sqs"

RED

i love you red

smile.gif thanks a millioni love that 30 minute battle that u play that seems like youve been playing a day biggrin.gif thanks red, alot

/gives red 1000 wolf points

i cant get it to work...

try again i did what u said to do and wen i put in what i want (i want it to skip over a 24 hour time period in 10 minute incroments...so how would that look in the script?

cuz if i put it in due to what u said it skips over 24 hours every second.... WTF?

well red, it works, but it skips abotu 24 hours each second..so could u please put a script sample of the same thing except it skipping ABOUT 1 minute every second? that would be greatly appreciated, thanks

THANKS lol

As 1 is an hour you would want to devide 1 by 10 which would give you 6 mins then 6 mins by 6 which would give you 1 then 1 times 10, that gives you 0.1666667.

If I am correct change "_time = _time + 0.05" to

"_time = _time + 0.1666667"

I will try this now, post resuslts in a few mins.

RED

Now that is weird it skips 1 hour every second, no matter how many zero's i put after the decimal point ?

---

I will have a play around with it and get back to you tonight.

RED

yea except for me it was skipping like...5 or 6 hours a second lol..and 24 hours.. watch the dates go by..tues...wednes..yada yada...thanks red i appreciate this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RED @ Mar. 29 2002,08:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now that is weird it skips 1 hour every second, no matter how many zero's i put after the decimal point ?

---

I will have a play around with it and get back to you tonight.

RED<span id='postcolor'>

AFAIK, OFP uses either 6 or 8 significant digits. i.e. there are no certain number of digits after decimal point

here's a way to check.

make a mission where you are the only thing in it. save, get out of OFP, and look at the mission.sqm file that you created. for your posisiotn, ther should be a number. count the digits.

Hmm just had an idea, try : </span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_timeskipvar = 0

#loop

~0.1

skiptime _timeskipvar

_timeskipvar = _timeskipvar + 0.000002

?(_timeskipvar >= X):goto "end"

goto "loop"

#end

exit

<span id='postcolor'>

I haven't tried this but I thought that using the var "_time" might be getting the real world time, anyhows just an idea.

RED