Sign in to follow this  

Help with waypoints during campaign

It seems a moderator moved this to scripting and editing.

This is not a mission scripting request.

During the campaign I would like to tell my squad to go to a waypoint.

I read you press Ctrl and click but this isn't working (even after restoring default control mapping).

Would someone please clarify the procedure (please spell it out).

Here is the scenerio, I select squadmate 2 by pressing 'F2' and now would like him to first run in front of me and then behind me and stop. What is the procedure to make this happen during the campaign?!?

That seems to only give a single waypoint.

Is there way to set multiple waypoints?

Just because a moderator moved your thread to another forum means not you can start another thread with the same question again. Doubleposting is not allowed here.

In this case you have 2 options:

1. Report your moved thread by clicking on the report.gif and explain the problem in the report.

2. Report the problem in the Ask a moderator thread.

3. If you know which Moderator moved the thread, send him a PM and explain.

I think you can only set multiple waypoints in high command mode, in which case you press the period/delete button on the numpad (If you don't do it on the numpad it won't work) from there I'm not sure what you do, go on the tutorials on try the High Command one, it explains it all there, peace.

Wolle ,

The better option is to repost and the offending moderator can deal with it if it's such a crisis.

I clearly mentioned that it was a campaign question. Or are you saying the customer needs to accomodate you as a moderator depending on your whim.

Is there a chief moderator amongst you that we can bring this to?

I am glad you asked that question, i had the same problem, i couldnt remember how to set a waypoint. And I think they need to make it possible to make waypoints during the game as well, and not simply when your a commander. It would be really helpful during the campaign and all the missions. For example putting 2 of your squad in a heli and having them patrol, or whatever, waypoints should be able to be set realtime as well as in mission planning.

Wolle ,

The better option is to repost and the offending moderator can deal with it if it's such a crisis.

I clearly mentioned that it was a campaign question. Or are you saying the customer needs to accomodate you as a moderator depending on your whim.

Is there a chief moderator amongst you that we can bring this to?

The better option is to get familiar with our forum rules. But well, drop your complaints at Placebo - he's the head moderator.