Sign in to follow this  
joske

kill as a condition

as the title says i want to use the killing of a unit of a certain side as a condition for the activation of a trigger, i have already searched in my editing guide and de-pbo'd some deatmatch missions but i havent yet found anything so im turning here for help.

as the title says i want to use the killing of a unit of a certain side as a condition for the activation of a trigger, i have already searched in my editing guide and de-pbo'd some deatmatch missions but i havent yet found anything so im turning here for help.

Set the condition to "!alive unitname" and you're done.

yes i know how to do that but for that you need to fill in the unitname what i need is a way to activate a script when you kill a random person from a certain side

yes i know how to do that but for that you need to fill in the unitname what i need is a way to activate a script when you kill a random person from a certain side

I see. Could you describe a little more what you intend to do? What effect do you want to simulate with the script, etc.

At mission start count all the units on a specific side, and when the number decreases (someone died) you trigger your trigger.

This is an excerpt from my mission monitor:

{
if (alive _x && !isNull _x) then
{
	switch (side _x) do
	{
		case west:       { WArray = WArray + [_x] };
		case east:       { EArray = EArray + [_x] };
		case resistance: { RArray = RArray + [_x] };
		case civilian:   { CArray = CArray + [_x] };

{

};
	};
};
} forEach allUnits;

From here on you save the initial count of a particular array in a variable (CArrayCount = count CArray), and every 5 seconds or so you run this piece of code above again, and get the count again, but this time save it in a different variable (CArrayCountUpd = count CArray).

All that is left now is to check CArrayCount and CArrayCountUpd for differences.

Edited by Mike84

I never did it myself, but maybe it would be more efficient to add an event handler type 'killed' to all units at mission start. The code for the event handler should be conditional to the first unit killed, of course.

@seba1976: yeah i just thought of it that i might have explained it a bit wrong, i want this script this script to accomplish that when somebody from one side kills a guy from another side then a marker is put on top of somebody of the other side keeps following him (the marker part i have already figured out thanks to help i received here), i also will try to use the script for some kind of sacrifice humans (ai) for weapons but i havent really figured out yet how im gonna do that.

(im trying to make a sort of pvp mission over which i am influenced by tribal warfare, so that you dont start thinking wrong things about me)

@Mike84: thanks again for the script i havent tried it out but it sounds logic to count the guys on all sides, but as i am quite new to scripting it is probably gonna take a bit of time to decipher this code but i can only learn new stuff from it so im still positive about it.

I never did it myself, but maybe it would be more efficient to add an event handler type 'killed' to all units at mission start. The code for the event handler should be conditional to the first unit killed, of course.

Killed EH's are a great idea, but the drawback of using them is that the unit has to be local for the EH to fire. You can of course work around this, but it takes a lot of extra coding.

@seba1976: yeah i just thought of it that i might have explained it a bit wrong, i want this script this script to accomplish that when somebody from one side kills a guy from another side then a marker is put on top of somebody of the other side keeps following him

If the marker should follow the killer then you'll have to go with the event handler solution, but, being it a MP mission (with respawn I assume), thing's are gonna get... complicated for you :). As Mike said.

yeah i now think that i better go with eventhandlers for now and as i doubt that i will release/finish this project(it is more a learning project) but who knows it might become something fun to play.

well thanks for all the help

yeah i now think that i better go with eventhandlers for now and as i doubt that i will release/finish this project(it is more a learning project) but who knows it might become something fun to play.

well thanks for all the help

Ok, no problem. I forgot to tell you, remember to take a look at Extended Event Handler and make your system compatible, or you will broke most of the AI enhancement mods out there, if you use any, that is.