Sign in to follow this  
faber

did i pay $50 to be a beta tester?

seems to me the customer is the beta tester here. I have never seen a game that ran so awfully on midrange to high end rigs. I am running a quad core, 4gb ram, and a Radeon 4870X2 and this game will not play for more than a minute or so without artifacts taking over the screen. I put in a support ticket and they told me I should go buy a new video card. My card is brand new, it plays all my other games flawlessly, and the game that freaks out my machine is ARMA 2. no support other than forums? WTF? this is a half baked game, and we payed for the displeasure of being beta testers.

And you really expect a serious answer for your rant?

First, no you have not paid $50 to be a betatester because the betatest phase is long time closed.

Second, there are countless reviews available you could have checked before buying the game.

Third, ArmA2 != other games

Fourth, your local publisher provides customer support in the first place so there are more support options than forums. Call them and tell them the same you wrote here and then come back and tell us after which part they broke contact.

Fifth, have you even spent 5 minutes in searching this forum for Radeon or 4870? I guess not, otherwise you would have found several ATI threads where people posted solutions.

Sixth, with ranting and bitching you achieve nothing here. You're not the first who came in here and the first post was like yours. By now we're used to that.

This thread is closed, there is no need to push this ranting even further. Even if you're pissed off you could post your complaints in a mature and constructive way.