Sign in to follow this  
DanielBourne

Just Got the game :) few questions

Hi guys,

Got the game yesterday and its such a change from the previous FPS but in an amazing way. I really feel immersed in the environment and love the stealth parts :D

Just a few questions though on some stuff, I am playing the game on Regular but however have edited it so more of the options are similar to expert (enemy tag off, super ai on, etc)...

a) when im playing a level, sometimes on the HUD i see a red circle sayin thats my target...is this because one of my team has spotted the enemy or is the computer just telling me? (i hope its the former)

b) is there anyway of running this game in 64 bit mode? or does it naturally run in that mode if your on a 64 bit O/S.

Cheers for any answers guys.

Daniel

a) as far as I know the red circle shows up when a team leader spots a target (the circle is it's last known location). It possible that the enemy isn't there anymore, or already dead but without a visual confirmation the circle will still show up as a target.

b) Not completely sure, but I think it's not native 64bit

b) is there anyway of running this game in 64 bit mode? or does it naturally run in that mode if your on a 64 bit O/S.

The game has no 64 bit mode.

If you run it on a 32 bit Windows it will be run under WoW64 mode.

the red circle appears around a target when your AI commander tells you to attack it

1: 2 attack that man!

Welcome mate

You will be here a long time, trust me.

Endless mods, campaigns, missions and addons to try and also expansion packs from BI

I played OFP CWC and Resistance from release till it's true sequel Arma 2 came out

vasmkd, no love for the original ARMA, queens gambit etc?

no love because i didn't know about what happened with codemasters and BI until reading the flashpoint 2 forums 6-8 months ago. I was one to think OFP DR was the sequel.

It was about 2004 when i stopped reading gaming forums but i'm back :o because OFP was the game i never got bored of.

I hardly ever read forums before for gaming because i didn't have enough time for shooting/hunting and fishing forums which are hobbies i have been doing since a very young boy but i now know just about everything i needed to know about those 2 so i have time for pc gaming forums again.

I wish i did get into ARMA and Queens Gambit but it was 2004 when i got married and u just lost track of things pc gaming anyway.

All i had time for was fishing and shooting and the wife but since i get alot of days off work now i have time :o

The game has no 64 bit mode.

If you run it on a 32 bit Windows it will be run under WoW64 mode.

This is something I missed. Is it bad to run ArmA2 on a 64bit O/S?

This is something I missed. Is it bad to run ArmA2 on a 64bit O/S?

Yes and no. Effectively it should run the same under 32 emulation mode on a 64 bit OS (WOW6432node) as it would under a 32bit OS due to it being a 32bit application and WoW was actually written so well that it handles emulation better than any other emulation (DOSBox, Virtual Machines, etc), but some people have had mixed issues.

Some have noted after patch 1.4 that their performance has degraded under 64 bit OS' as well as graphical errors occuring, I actually get equal performance under both 32bit and 64 OS' and don't have the graphical errors, and have actually noted a performance increase since 1.4, so it's best to actually test for yourself if possible.

Some have noted after patch 1.4 that their performance has degraded under 64 bit OS' as well as graphical errors occuring, I actually get equal performance under both 32bit and 64 OS' and don't have the graphical errors, and have actually noted a performance increase since 1.4, so it's best to actually test for yourself if possible.

My performance in 1.04 is the same as before, maybe a tiny bit higher in the big cities.

I'm using Win 7 Pro 64 bit.

Nothing wrong with running the game in a 64-bit OS.

I know this will get me labled a noob but I just stareted into computer gaming and I have no idea what WoW, DOSbox, etc are. Any clarification?

WoW64 stands for Windows-on-Windows 64.

It allows you to run 32 bit applications on a 64 bit Windows in a way they would run on a native 32 bit system (it emulates 32 bit Windows).