Sign in to follow this  
skypine27

Can anyone get the game to work well (GTX295)??

Sorry to start a new thread.

just wondering if any new "fixes" have come down the pipe.

I'm playing on a home built "super computer" (see sig)

I suffer from the white/flashing/missing/blocky texture problem on any nvidia driver newer than 181.71.

So, I was playing thru the game on 181.71, and Ive gotten to Dogs of War, and I get constant CTDs (playing Arma 1.04).

So Ive been trying newer nvidia drivers, including the one that just came out (191.00) and I STILL get the white/flashing/missing/blocky texture problem. The only thing that "fixes" it for me, when using these newer drivers, is the -winxp flag, but I get HORRIBLE (ie, slide show) frame rates when I use this.

Any new ideas?

BIS and Nvidia, dont you guys talk to each other?!?!

I know peeps won`t believe me when I say I get awesome performance with my BFG GTX295.

Here is my specs:

Crosshair III, Phenom 955 BE o/d to 3400 atm, 8 gigs 1600 Corsair, WD VelociRaptors x 2, M$ Habu, Belkin n52te Speedpad, BFG GTX295, Samsung 2233rz @ 120 hz

Running in RAID 0 as well. Using the 190.38 drivers. Get hardly any noticable redraw. No problems with textures or flashing. The latest 1.04 patch was really nice for me.

I use this for a commandline addon

-nosplash -winxp -cpucount=4

And lastly I use WinLauncher with the same command line and have it set for 4 cpu cores... to launch ARMA 2. I use Steam ver. also.

I have absolutely no clue as to why the game`s rocking for me. *shrugs* Just happy that it is. Hope the peeps the game isn`t being kind to atm, get it all sorted eventually. Btw I run all settings on Highest, no AA/AF, 1680x1050x32. 3600 view dist.

Edited by Shataan

i got the same GFX card mate, and playing everything on very high settings. The game runs nicely, wouldnt say particurly smooth, however it looks gorgeous and is very playable. I have experience an odd moment when a tree went white, i got shot and the game crashed (display driver stopped working but has recovered succesfully). Tried the same scenario again and nothing happened so i dont think its majorly the GPU fault. Think its more of the buggy game play mate and just something that needs to be restarted. I'm only suggesting the gameplay because I played crysis before this (which is the most demanding PC game) with settings on very high and even AA on 16QAA, and nothing happened, totally smooth gameplay.

Almost Identical set-up as you skypine27, bar different drives and with the latest patch I'm getting super laggy play now. Before the patch I could play a fair few missions and scenarios, not the entire game is unplayable. Unfortunately I can't remove the patch and go back to 1.30 as I've got the steam download.

Making sure you restrict the game to not using virtual cores is a big part of performance (using -CPUcount=4, or 2, or disabling Hyperthreading in BIOS)