Sign in to follow this  
highfly

Helo rearm question

hi

what is the exact procedure to rearm a helo ? Once I landed near a support truck, I think the helo was rearmed all alone, the other time, I had to mouse wheel to "rearm at supply truck", and the third time, I waited 5 minutes with nothing happening. Getting in the truck to take it closer to helo, but still not rearming and no "rearm" menu showing...

AND: is there a way that when i say to my gunner to change to missiles he keeps the missiles, and does not get back to gun or whatever he wants ? I'm the boss in my helo, do what I say!! :-)

Land the chopper or park it close to rearm truck

Move out of the chopper

If truck not close move it closer to chopper, front is good

then hop back in chopper and it should give rearm symbol

I think ur chopper engine has to be off too (not sure on that one)

Dunno about the keeping missles part, have not tried it, maybe its in menu

No need to land - you can rearm while hovering ~1-2m above ground. No need for Autohover either - it might actually help but I never needed it.

Just fly close to the truck and eventually you will get the Rearm/Refuel/Repair-Option - might have to bank a little left or right and around the truck to find the 'sweet spot' but nothing impossible if you are used to the controls (and I am using Mouse+Keyboard!). Obviously it helps if the truck is parked in clear and level terrain.

Regarding the gunner switching weapons, select manual fire and just tell the Gunner to Eject over the enemy base :mad::D

Obviously this is going to make it hard to use the machinegun of certain choppers, as the AI gunners are actually quite useful to bust trucks with it, e.g. in an Mi24... But as I seem unable to hit anything with the guided missiles of the Mi24 I actually don't care that much if one is wasted. I actually got quite good at 'sniping' with the unguided rockets.

Edited by WhoCares

No need to land - you can rearm while hovering ~1-2m above ground. No need for Autohover either - it might actually help but I never needed it.

Just fly close to the truck and eventually you will get the Rearm/Refuel/Repair-Option - might have to bank a little left or right and around the truck to find the 'sweet spot' but nothing impossible if you are used to the controls (and I am using Mouse+Keyboard!). Obviously it helps if the truck is parked in clear and level terrain.

Regarding the gunner switching weapons, select manual fire and just tell the Gunner to Eject over the enemy base :mad::D

Obviously this is going to make it hard to use the machinegun of certain choppers, as the AI gunners are actually quite useful to bust trucks with it, e.g. in an Mi24... But as I seem unable to hit anything with the guided missiles of the Mi24 I actually don't care that much if one is wasted. I actually got quite good at 'sniping' with the unguided rockets.

That's what I did yesterday, he made me so crazy by always changing to guided rockets when I wanted to keep them for later, that I finally landed and told him to GO AWAY!

But for a SIMULATION, coming to such manners is quite bad, I felt so bad when I left him alone there (but I'm not bad like you, I didn't give him to enemy) ;-)

As for the truck, yesterday I spent at least 20 minutes moving the truck, going back to helo, trying, etc before I realized the truck was empty (I guess, as taking another one was better, BTW if empty, why no indication of it??). But event when not empty, it's hard to spot the right place. So I think it's very bad point that in such a high class simulator, you're stuck because the spot is not big enough... can't the developers make a BIG reload spot ? Who cares if you're within 2 or 5 meters of the truck to rearm ? Is it not more important to rearm than to find that correct little 2cm square reload spot ? I'd make a 25 m around the truck spot minimum if it was for me. It's never seen in real life that you get late to save a convoy or village cause you didn't find the right correct spot to reload...

I'll try to reload hovering tonight, nice idea, thanks

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

or just go to the helo service pad and get full up on everything

what and where is this please ? I NEED this place so much ;)

Edited by highfly

what and where is this please ? I NEED this place so much ;)

This either has to be scripted or just place the Warfare Building Vehicle Repair Point or whatever, that'll do this all automatically.

What pisses me off is when there's an air target and you want to equip STINGERS to take out out, NOT your cannon. Ugh stupid gunner. What are you, Private First Class?

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 PM ----------

This either has to be scripted or just place the Warfare Building Vehicle Repair Point or whatever, that'll do this all automatically.

Or any "H pad", helicopter landing pad. If you, for example, place an "H pad" in the editor and a helicopter with no ammo you will rearm when you are over the "H pad".

Yes, those gunners did not finish school, for sure ;-)

I hate that when coming back to base this stupid creature says "unknown helicopter in front"... Sh*t it up! this is your friend waiting with a cold fresh beer...

Now, I send him always out before taking off, I'm way better without him, maybe except for gunning infrantry, but still I'm quite good at it now. (but I have to hear him saying "where are you?" "need sitrep" from time to time, but that's already way better)