Sign in to follow this  
Bob117

How Do I.......

How do I edit user created missions? For instance I got a copy of a map from my clans server, got an Un-pbo tool unpboed it got a bunch of folders and files made sure they were all squared away in my multiplayer missions folder went to boot up the multiplayer editor expecting to see be colored instead of grey and the ability to edit and nope cant do it. Any help like to edit some maps for our clan to make them better in ways which we would like and this is a big hindrance. any help is appericated

The folder you got from the PBO should go in your mission editor folder. Usually:

My Documents\ArmA 2\Other Profiles\YourNick\missions

If you don't have the missions folder, create it there.

Place the mission in there so it's like: YourNick\missions\co30_whatever.chernarus

Then open ArmA go to SINGLEPLAYER then Editor, select Chernarus and Load button. Then you'll see the name of the map there, select that and tada!

To use the file simply SAVE it then SAVE and this time select "Export to Multiplayer Missions". That will create a PBO from it in your ArmA2 MPMissions folder:

For Steam: Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA2\MpMissions

And it'll now show up under MULTIPLAYER -> NEW/HOST or whatever it's called. :)

The file should go to documents\Arma2otherprofiles\yourname\MPMissions

Im using Vista not sure about XP.

Kylania beat me to it.....however I have two folders missions and MPMissions. I think its better to put it under MPmissions because you can check your parameters, edit/test, and play.

Edited by cobra4v320

Lol withing ten mins of posting this i found the answer from my clanmate. I dont know how to close or delete this thread but consider it closed by me lol.

Lol withing ten mins of posting this i found the answer from my clanmate.

I got in within 9 minutes! What do I win? :) :yay: