Sign in to follow this  
James22

1.03 - Won't Launch

Hey all.

Been reading through these forums for a week now and no closer to finding a solution to my problem. So I'm sorry if this has been posted elseware.

I've been able to play arma 2, v1.0 - 1.1 & 1.2.

As soon as I install patch 1.03 - The game refuses to start.

The process "Arma2.exe" starts and shows up in the taskmgr, but the game just does not start.

I have tried re-installing, but nothing I do seems to help. As soon as I upgrade to 1.03 it just refuses to run.

I'd really like to be able to use 1.03 - because I see that it corrects a lot of issues.

Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Thanks in advance

James

P.S - DVD version of game (not steam) and I have the latest nvidia drivers.

P.SS - Returned computer to STD clocks and still made no difference, ARMA2.exe starts, but no game.

-----------------------------------

E8400 & 3.8ghz (currently stress testing a 4.0ghz clock)

- Vista 32 - 2gb DDR2 - Nvidia9500GT OC'd

Game runs good for me on normal settings - 25fps, minimal stuttering

I have also disabled UAC, and have no antivirus software.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

I have found a few other threads, with the same/similiar problem. But I still can't find a way to "fix" this yet.

Anyone have any idea's?

The only things I can remember about causes of it not launching were insufficient hardware (not the case here), joystick/xbox controller driver not loading properly, damaged registry entry, cfg problems (delete your arma2.cfg)

Well I finally got 1.03 to work.

I uninstalled the game, rolled back using system restore to a point before i purchaserd the game.

Cleaned the registry, and removed all arma2 related folders on c:\.

Then re-installed the latest graphics drivers & March 09 build directx.

DISABLED Physx - I think this may have been causing a problem.

Reinstalled the game and it ran fine (of course because at this time it was v1.0) and I never had a problem with that anyway.

I then patched directly to 1.03 - and strike me pink, the bloody game started.

So for anyone in the future who might have this problem, I made a little checklist. Because the game definitely does seem sensitive to some of these things (some may have no bearing on the game whatsoever)

Goodluck,

1. Latest Directx - March 09 Build
  2. Latest Graphics drivers (in my case nvidia 190 something i think)
  3. Disable any image mounting device - Daemon tools etc (I think this may have been causing a SecuRom issue
  4. Use latest DVD firmware available - (I already had it installed, but this may make a difference to others)
  5. Disable any antivirus / spyware (nothing to do with me in this case, but again may help others)
  6. Disable Physx (notable frame rate improvement with it off)
  7. Disable UAC - Run as admin
  8. Clean fresh game install (all registry entries removed, folders removed manually etc)
  9. 8. By now, if you have had the same problem as me, you will be able to play the game :-) :yay:
  10. P.S - Awesome :p

P.S - I have noticed a frame rate improvement after this too. I was sitting around 23-25 with v1.2 and before I done all this ^^^.

Now i'm sitting around 26-29 fraps :-) Normal graphics settings