Sign in to follow this  
bloodfx

Widescreen not working

hi i have tried several times to set arma 2 to run in wide screen and it just does'nt work and i have big black borders down each side of the screen.

I,am running v1.03 at 1360x768 and aspect ratio is set to 16:9 any idea's?

What's the native resolution of your screen, and what kind of screen is it? The resolution suggest an LCD tv set. Make sure it's set to 'wide' mode, not 4:3 or auto.

The aspect ratio you set in the game will just stretch the UI and view, not do anything to the displayed area.

Widescreen should work fine. If you've set the resolution in-game properly, it's possible that your monitor is causing problems. Like atledreier said, try setting the game resolution to your monitor's native resolution.

The screen is a Toshiba Regza 42XV635DB but i can't find the manual but i know it supports 1360x768 and i know every other game i have works at 1360x768, don't know what the native resolution is can't find the manual, but it has to be the game as tons of games work fine like this.

Edited by bloodfx

Toshiba Regza 42XV635DB is a native 1080p screen.

Set it to 1920 x 1080 and try that with 16:9 aspect.

1080p is for hdmi only i have to use vga cus ati cards don't work on hdmi with this tv :(.

Just thought I'd drop a wee post in here as I was looking for a resolution fix.

VGA does support 1920 x 1080 as that's what I had it on till my HDMI cable arrived yesterday. Sometimes when you are setting your desktop resolution you have to select a "find new resolution" option (or something along those lines) at the bottom of your display settings window.

And yes, I think I found a solution to my problem. Never even looked at the aspect ratio...