Sign in to follow this  
Lhowon

Mouse movement issues with 58972 patch

Well I've been running the beta patches for awhile, and with the latest one I decided to try changing the Smoothing option just to see what it does.

When I changed it back to default the movement was not the same as before - it's now very abrupt and sudden, so moving the mouse a bit makes the view move very fast. Before it was smoother, now every move is like a jerk.

This is with the X and Y axis on almost the lowest they go, and no amount of fiddling makes it better. It's not an issue with the Smoothing, it's more like a mouse sensitivity problem - moving my crosshair from one point to another is very sudden instead of a smooth swing.

All I can think is that BIS changed the values of the mouse settings in the latest beta patch and me changing the settings made the new values kick in. It's very annoying to play with, almost headache-inducing with the view jerking every time I move the mouse.

Problem is, uninstalling the Beta patch and going back to normal ArmA 2 doesn't help - the problem remains. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: I've tried removing my .cfg profile and running the game, it doesn't help.

I have only noticed smoothing in the later patches and have always prefererred none...

That said I now run v72 with smoothing set to 15 in my profile.

Did you mean you removed your config file and your profile because they are two seperate files of course and smoothing is set in ur profile not config.

Also if you have profiles other than your original they are stored in "My docs\Arma 2 other profiles" folder. (XP)

So you would need to delete them also to clean out any saved settings.

I meant my Lhowon.ArmA2Profile file. I guess I'll just have to keep fiddling with the settings - perhaps it's something I'll get used to, but it's very annoying atm.

well I know what you mean but I am the other way mine was too smooth (liquid wallowing)

I run these with smoothing of 15 it is very slow and smooth...

mouseSensitivityX=0.28717339;

mouseSensitivityY=1;

unless something is screwy you should be able to get a feel you like by adjusting to what ever value that works for you..

EDIT: i just remembered I have hex edited my usb.sys port settings to sample at 500hz so I dont know how that will affect the settings relative to your std USB port sample rate

Edited by dogz

Thanks for that, I think around those values are the best compromise for now (though I like more smoothing).

It still feels too "quick" in turning but I think I can get used to this after awhile. Cheers.