Sign in to follow this  
Darkhalo288

Dropping ammo boxes and renaming classes

hey, i'd like to do 2 things...

1. Make it so an engineer can drop an ammo box on the ground which has unlimited ammo but only 1 can be dropped at a time per engineer. The same as Corpsman in Evolution who can drop a MASH each, but make it an ammo box instead.

2. Is there a way for me to change class names? Or even the class skins? I wanted to use the USMC Assault Grenadier skin but it was going to be a machine gunner so i want to change the Assault Grenadier class to Machine Gunner. Is there a way to change that? Thanks.

Ok i dont need the first one anymore but i still need the second;

2. Is there a way for me to change class names? Or even the class skins? I wanted to use the USMC Assault Grenadier skin but it was going to be a machine gunner so i want to change the Assault Grenadier class to Machine Gunner. Is there a way to change that? Thanks.

So yeah, units > men (FR) > Assault Grenadier is what i want, but i just want to rename him to Machinegunner, and also to change it in the multiplayer setup to say "Machinegunner" also.

I've been searching and all i cold find was the setidentity script.

_soldier1 setIdentity "John_Doe"

and then this one in discription.ext

class CfgIdentities

{

class John_Doe

{

name = "John Bartholemew Doe";

face = "Face20";

glasses = "None";

speaker = "Dan";

pitch = 1.1;

};

};

But that dosent seem to be working at all. Is there some easy way to just use the normal units > men > Machinegunner class and changing the skin/model to the Assault Grenadiers either, could that be done?

Why don't you justr add the gear you want to the soldier model you want? For example giving the grenadier the machinegunner's equipment.

Why don't you justr add the gear you want to the soldier model you want? For example giving the grenadier the machinegunner's equipment.

Because its a co-op game with different classes to pick, if i do that people will see it as Assault Grenadier and think its a grenadier and not a machingunner.

Evo Blue map has changed names in multiplayer setup where you pick your class, i've been searching all the mission files and scripts for it put cant find anything yet on how he did it.

Hm, if you write the classname in the description line of a unit it is shown in the lobby. That's how i would do it.

I'd say its doable, you'd have to change the skin of a machine gunner and add weapons of the grenadier to him, I guess. I know you can set the voices and faces, don't know about classes or skins without writing some sort of addon code. But there are already several addon skins available maybe something there would suit, No?